Thursday, January 22, 2015

Afterglow (Keong Saik)

Eat clean lah, yoga lah, juice cleanses lah, pilates lah. It's like everyone is trying to stay as healthy as possible. But it's understandable. Once you get out of school and start working, it's really very easy to gain weight and be unfit. For me, I sit down for more than 7 hours a day and that's not recommended at all because halo that's how the tummy blubber starts to accumulate ah. 

So yes, I have also been on a health kick. I try to eat as clean as possible during the weekdays and then exercise as much as possible during the weekends. Luckily for me, I'm accustomed to eating raw vegetables since young so having salad 5 days a week is no problem at all. But I wanted something different last week, and Chay and I decided to go to Afterglow for farm-to-table, non-processed, vegan food.

To be honest, I didn't have much expectations lah. But wow, 2 out of the 3 dishes that we ordered were fantastic! It is truly a great place to dine in if you're feeling a little bit tired of the grease, salt and sugar. 


The Drag-Pom Salad was my second favourite dish of the night. Crisp mixed greens mixed with macadamia nuts, pomegranate, dragonfruit, and topped off with avocado slices. It was really sweet too - must be a good pomegranate day! 


Chay ordered the raw burger and it was alright. She was still hungry after eating this. We're not sure what root vegetable was used to mimic french fries, but we thought they were mang kwang slices. What is mang kwang in English??? Chay didn't like the mang kwang, but I love mang kwang so yay for me. Indonesians put mang kwang in their rojaks, and I love Indonesian rojak, so MANG KWANG FOR ME PLEASE. 


I ordered the Deconstructed Sushi Bowl and it was a winner! I really love this dish, and I was incredibly full after I wiped out the bowl's content. If I were to come back to Afterglow, I would definitely order this again!



Afterglow
24 Keong Saik Road 
Singapore 089131
Phone: 6224 8921
Open Mon-Sat: 12pm-11pm


Have a great day guys! :) 

No comments: