Monday, October 6, 2014

Quick Review: My Beauty Diary Eye Masks

My job requires me to stare at two computer screens the entire day and when I go home, I continue watching dramas/variety shows on my laptop. This lifestyle is already a recipe for disaster. I'm not a young teenager who can survive such a lifestyle and still have bright peepers. I just turned 25 and very devastatingly, I noticed fine lines when I smiled. I think my extreme attention on computer screens is also taking a toll on how well-rested my eyes need to be. Even when I have a full 10-hour sleep, I will wake up with puffy and tired eyes. No concealers or highlighters can hide the puffiness. I can only wait till my eyes are back to normal and that's like hours later. What have I done?! 

Recently, I have decided to take frequent breaks when I'm working. I'll go to the toilet or make myself another cup of tea. I don't care if my colleagues think I have a bladder problem, I need to get this crazy habit sorted. I think I'm going to buy small plants and decorate my work table excessively till it becomes a product out of a jungle. People say plants help absorb radiation, lessen the stress and all those good stuff, so all hail the plants! 

At home, I try to pay more attention to my skincare, especially for my eyes. I have 3 different eye creams that I rotate every morning and night. I also try to apply eye masks as often as I can. Currently, my favourite is the My Beauty Diary Eye Masks. I have all 3 variations and personally I think I have serious issues with puffiness, smoothness and dark circles, so all 3 masks are the perfect fit for my eye masks obsession. 

I also love them because they have unique (ok, strange lah strange) mask shapes and I feel like a bad-ass superhero every single time I apply the eye mask. 


I got them all in Hong Kong because it's so much cheaper there than in Singapore. I bought way too many and I'm not regretting at all because as of now, I still have yet to see the need to stock up. That impulse to buy out 4 SASA stores has very handsome rewards. Go me! 

Each box of 5 costs S$11.90 in Watsons. I bought them for less than S$8 per box in Hong Kong. 




From left to right:
Puffiness Intensive Care Eye Mask
Smoothness Intensive Care Eye Mask
Dark Circles Intensive Care Eye Mask

Basically the Puffiness one looks like batman, the Smoothness one looks larger than life and the Dark Circles one looks like the kiap kiap laundry one. :D

I truly believe that one has to use these eye masks more than 5 times to actually see the difference. My personal favourite is the Puffiness Intensive Care Eye Mask. It does what it promises to the best and my puffy eyes were always more calm and less swollen after mask removal. The most difficult to apply is the Dark Circles Intensive Care Eye Mask because it works best when you have your eyes closed.

To elevate the shiok eye-mask experience, I always put my eye masks in the fridge. This method really works if you have very swollen eyes in the mornings.

My Beauty Diary Eye Masks are on a class of their own right now. However, I'm quite optimistic at this development of quirky eye masks because it means more and more brands are going to come up with their own takes on these masks and it's quite exciting right?

So, if you are a sucker for eye products as much as I do, go get yourself some My Beauty Diary Eye Masks!!

No comments: