Sunday, August 17, 2014

Review: MUA Undress Me Too Eyeshadow Palette

Finally back on the product reviewing track. I was looking through my old posts and ohmy my last product review more than a month ago?! It's getting harder and harder to write my reviews nowadays. Usually I write my blogposts at work during lunch but these days, work has taken up even my lunch time (not complaining though because I'm actually enjoying what I'm doing). Once I reach home, I'm so tired I don't feel like stimulating my brain cells - just want to do brainless things like exercise/eat/sleep. Weekends lagi worse, my bed is my best friend and I just sleep the entire day away. HAHA yes I have become a sloth. Why ah, tell me why! I always just sleep my Saturdays away and most of the time I refuse to go out. WHY LIKE THIS!! 

So yes, here's a blog review for one of my current favourite eyeshadow palette. These days, I've been reaching out for this palette more than my Lorac Pro or Naked palettes! And it's much much cheaper as compared to the latter two. 

The MUA Undress Me Too Eyeshadow Palette is the amalgamation of 12 gorgeous neutral shades in one very spectacular palette. To those who feel the pinch and do not want to spend more than S$70 on renowned neutral palettes, this is the palette for you. I bought mine from Carousell (such an evil app this one, my wallet is crying haha) for only S$18. The palette's obviously much cheaper online (4 pounds only!!), but I think you have to buy a certain amount to qualify for free international shipping. I'm not sure if the brand is available in any local stores. Do comment if you know where to find this brand in Singapore, and I'll update the blog post! :) 

First of all, the MUA Undress Me Too Eyeshadow Palette is a second installation for this range of eyeshadow palettes. The first one is the MUA Undressed Palette and that is supposed to be the dupe for the cult-favourite Naked palette. The MUA Undress Me Too Eyeshadow Palette is, expectedly, a dupe for the also hugely popular Naked2 palette. Since I didn't have the Naked2, I got this palette instead of the original Undressed Palette. 




Packaging: The MUA Undress Me Too Eyeshadow Palette has quite similar packaging to Sleek Cosmetics' eyeshadow palettes. Of course, the main difference is this packaging is entirely in white and there's a transparent panel on the cover. This transparent panel is very useful, especially if you have way too many eyeshadow palettes that may last you several lifetimes. For those late-for-work mornings, the transparent panel is an excellent feature. Without opening the cover, you know what shades you're going to use already. You save those precious seconds!

Eyeshadow brush: The dual-ended sponge-tip applicator is not as bad as I would have expected them to be, especially coming from a drugstore brand. The sponge tips are dense and very sturdy - none of those filmsy, thin sponge layers that will disintegrate within 2-3 applications. The denseness also allows for easier application - you can compact more pigments, hence only one application is needed and you already get vibrant shades on your eyelids, and you get less fallouts. Not bad...not bad at all!


From left to right: Naked, Devotion, Tranquil, Exposed

From left to right: Shy, Fiery, Reveal, Wink

From left to right: Lavish, Dreamy, Obsessed, Corrupt
Shades: The MUA Undress Me Too Eyeshadow Palette compacts 12 beautiful neutral and timeless shades, ranging from pearlescent flesh-toned finishes, to metallic bronze hues, to darker contour tones. In all, a very well-thought-out palette that's able to deliver everyday minimalist looks and sultry smokey looks. My favourite shade is Fiery. It's a perfect rose gold and it freshens up your entire face. I'm a true rose-gold eyeshadows convert! I always thought the orange in the shade will make my face look yellower, but nope I was wrong! I LOVE ROSE GOLD!

Pigmentation: Ah. This palette scores full marks in terms of pigmentation. How can a 4-pound palette produce such pigmented and vibrant shades on first swatch?! I don't get it, but I love it. This truly brings some high-end palettes to shame. The main difference between this and Sleek Cosmetics palettes (which I also love) is that there are less fallouts when using the MUA eyeshadows. The formulation of these eyeshadows is more compact hence you get tidier application.



Application: The only shade that bothers me during application is Corrupt, but that is expected from a darker shade - more fallouts. The other 11 shades applies beautifully and I dare say that some of them applies and blends out more easily than the more expensive eyeshadows that I own. Naked has a very pleasant buttery finish and and the extremely metallic shades (Devotion, Fiery and Dreamy) blends out like a dream with a normal blending brush. An utterly must-buy palette!

Longevity: I have really put this palette to the extreme test. I brought this palette along with me to Hong Kong and if you have read my previous posts, you will know that Hong Kong was terribly unforgiving in terms of weather. More humid and more hot than Singapore. If this palette can withstand such crazy conditions, it will definitely work in Singapore. And yes, the eyeshadows performed above my expectations even in such outrageous conditions. There was no melting scenarios, there was no fading and after a full 12 hours, the eyeshadow still looked fresh. Amazing right?! Of course, a good eyeshadow primer will definitely help to extend its life span.

Will I buy it again? Most definitely! I'm hoping MUA will come out with a third installation so that I don't have to purchase the Naked3. I'm extremely impressed by this palette and I'd highly recommend this to everyone. Even if you are a palette hoarder, you will still have space for this lah.

Hope this has been a useful read. Have a great weekend guys! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg Fitrina can I complain about something... ASOS HAS NO MORE FREE SHIPPING!!! *CRIES*

Fitrina Lim said...

Hi! :)

Yeah, it's a pity they now have a minimum order for free shipping to Singapore. If you spend more than S$40, you still qualify for free shipping! :)