Friday, July 18, 2014

First Impression: The Body Shop Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream

When The Body Shop Singapore announced the launch of the Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream, I was ecstatic and so so SO eager to try it out. Seriously man, I have seen so many posts on the Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream and I wanted to have it so bad, but it wasn't available in Singapore! Now, the game has changed. Hurhurhur. 

I didn't purchase one straight away because the what-ifs controlled my impulses. What if this worked horribly? What if I get crazy breakouts? What if it's too thick? What if ... what if.... what if.... So I ended up getting a sample and oh my goodness I LOVE IT. 

Photo from The Body Shop Singapore's facebook page

Photo from The Body Shop Singapore's facebook page

The salesperson at Chinatown Point's The Body Shop wasn't very happy when I asked for a sample, but she gave me one anyway. Shade 02 was a perfect match for me and wow I'm impressed at how amazing this BB cream is!! I used the sample on 3 consecutive days and after those 3 days, I'm a true believer. 

First of all, let me begin by saying that I went for an acne facial 4 days ago, and my skin is no longer as bumpy and no longer infested with small spots. However, I had redness and scars from the first facial session, hence I still needed something legit to cover the problematic areas. 

Quick summary on why I love the Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream so much:
  • The really pleasant watery consistency when you blend the BB Cream. It comes out very thick, but when you blend, it becomes more liquefied and cooling. Super shiok. 
  • This has medium coverage, despite the more watery application. You don't feel like you're wearing a mask but you get problematic areas sufficiently concealed. You still need concealer if you have super ripe pimples or extreme redness, but overall the coverage is enough for lazy days. 
  • No itchy, prickly sensation. I have acne-prone, oily skin and I think my skin is becoming more and more sensitive by the day. I cannot try new face products freely because I get breakouts very easily. For BB Creams, I don't usually get breakouts, but it's very often that I will get sudden strange itchy feeling on the forehead and cheeks a couple of hours after application. With this Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream, no itchiness was documented. It was AMAZING. 
  • I have crazy oily skin (quite sure old readers would be really tired of me saying this over and over again haha) and this BB Cream controls oil effectively! WOW! Even after 6 hours, my skin didn't look like a disco ball. I had oily areas but nothing too severe. I actually looked like I had dewy, healthy skin? DOUBLE WOW! 
Wahlao, super awesome. Time to buy the full-sized product! Thank you The Body Shop Singapore for (finally) bringing in this miraculous product!

No comments: