Sunday, April 13, 2014

New in: Shoes from Taobao (Slip-ons crazy)

Kengyang has been in Shanghai for almost two months and he has been doing quite a lot of shopping on Taobao. According to him, shopping from Taobao whilst being in China is a breeze. Sellers respond fast and well-packaged items get delivered to him quickly. On the other hand, I have been shopping on Taobao through 65daigou consistently for the past year, and the experience has always been pleasant. However, whenever I bought shoes/bags/heavy items, I always felt this tiny heartache because of the hefty shipping fees incurred. It's not a crazy amount because 65daigou is very reasonable with its shipping fees, but it's still a substantial amount. So....since I'm visiting Kengyang in May with his family with a 30kg baggage allowance, I decided to grab the chance and I selected 4 pairs of shoes and 2 bags, and he helped me with my order! HOORAH! 

Here are the shoes that I ordered. It's quite obvious that I'm obsessed with slip-ons. I think it's the most perfect trend for me because I can't survive in heels for long and I get frustrated with difficult-to-wear shoes way too easily. All four pairs were less than S$40! SCORE! 

Black strappy platforms (RMB 35)
Black reptile skin slip-ons (RMB 28.80)
Reptile skin slip-ons (RMB 78)
Leopard studded slip-ons (RMB30)

Usually if I buy them from Singapore, I would have to pay at least an additional S$15-S$20 for the order because 4 pairs of shoes are quite heavy. But now that I'm not paying for international shipping, I feel a little bit happier for my bank account. :)

Can't wait to go to Shanghai to meet my dear Kengyang and to try on all my shoes!!!!!! :D 

No comments: