Saturday, March 22, 2014

Review: Etude House Play Nail Colour (#10, #23, #27, #36, #81, #98)

Do I need more nailpolishes? Nope, definitely not. 
Do I want more nailpolishes? YES, PLEASE! 

It's crazy. I have two boxes of nailpolishes already and I still don't want to stop my purchases because there are so many brands and varieties and pretty colours out there! How to stop?! You teach me how!! 

I saw these Etude House Play Nail Colours on Qoo10 and since they're retailing for S$2.50 each, I decided to just cart 6 of them! They have 100 different colours - not getting more than 6 is already a miracle. If you haven't realised it yet, I'm justifying (more like over-justifying) my impulse purchase every single time. Oops? 

Here are the 3 links to all 100 colours:



I purchased 6 colours, of which 2 are very similar. I expected them to be different, but the slight difference can only be seen under sunlight. In a poorly lit room, they both look exactly the same. Oh well ~~

Here are the 6 colours that I purchased, in ascending numerical order:
  • #10 - A highlighter coral pink
  • #23 - A muted reddish pink
  • #27 - A slightly muted berry red (this looks really similar to #10)
  • #36 - A basic nude colour
  • #81 - A very glossy aquamarine blue
  • #98 - A muted dark grey
My personal favourite colour has got to be #23. Photos below! 


#27 - This applies evenly and did not streak. It's a bright colour but not something that will garner too much unwanted attention. A great colour for the weekends/for the beach! 
#98 - I love this muted dark grey colour. It applies evenly and streaking was minimal. I wear a lot of blacks and greys so this is a good match when I'm feeling less adventurous. 
#36 - It's a gorgeous shade but so frustrating to apply! It's generally more difficult to formulate a nude colour and it's obvious Etude House faced some problems in the process, and sadly didn't address those problems. The above photo was taken after 3 applications and each application was streaky and left uneven patches. 
#81 - This colour reminds me of a lighter version of Essie's Mesmerize. I love how striking the aquamarine blue shade is and it's a definite head turner. Application was a little challenging because the brush tends to grab onto more product than it should, hence application can be a little bit gloppy. It's strange how only this shade has such a brush... 
#10 - Oh man this is such a loud colour! It definitely will add a lot of pizzazz to someone who likes to dress themselves in monochromatic colours.  Application was fuss-free and very even. 
#23 - My utmost favourite colour of the bunch. It's such a work-appropriate shade! I love how the mutedness adds a little bit of feminity. This had the best application and the best longevity. I had this on for 6 days and it only chipped a little on the 5th day! For S$2.50, this is an excellent buy! 

All these Etude House Play Nail Colours have different textures, different brushes and all applies differently - Etude House definitely did not do a good job in terms of consistency of these nail polishes.

However, one consistent factor will be how long-lasting the nail polishes are. I wore them all for at least 4 days and only the highlighter pink (#10) chipped on the 3rd day; the rest survived the 4 days with no chipping.

Will I buy it again? I'm excited to try other colours. For S$2.50 each, it's a bargain. If you're lucky enough, you may get a shade that's performing much better than expensive ones!

Have a great weekend guys and hope this has been useful! 

2 comments:

Anhy said...

A girl can never have enough nail polishes ^.^ I love Etude House nail play ones, sooo many colors and finishes to chose from *_*

Fitrina Lim said...

Hi Anhy,

Thanks for reading my blog!

Yes, nail polishes are addictive! Especially these Etude House ones. Super affordable and I feel like getting a few more colours! :D