Friday, February 21, 2014

Quick review: Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate


This is a quick, quick review on the hugely popular and almost cult-level Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. To sum it up in one sentence - I wish to love it, but the breakouts killed every desire. 

I'm definitely not blaming Kiehl's because different people react differently to one product. Moreover, the product has worked its magic on so many people! I have friends who can only sing praises for it, and I'm happy for them! I'm just a little bit heartbroken that it didn't work for me. I pondered if I should write this blogpost, but since over 95% of the reviews (an exaggeration, but I think my percentage is close) are positive, I might as well contribute to the other spectrum to provide a different opinion to potential users. 

I love everything about it until it gave me weird bumps on my forehead and upper cheek area. I thought it was just an initial product reaction, so I persisted, but no, the second morning, I had 3 new pimples. 

Application-wise, it's quite a pleasant experience. You just use two-three drops (I was recommended only 2 drops because of my oily skin) and pat the dispensed product on your face. After massaging the product in, you can decide to top it up with your usual moisturiser or not. I felt a slight heating sensation after application, but nothing uncomfortable. 

The Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate contains Evening Primrose Oil, Lavender extract and many more good stuff. I take Evening Primrose Oil pills every morning so I was quite puzzled as to why this caused me breakouts. Maybe too much EPO? 

I have decided to stop using it and continue with my Michael Todd Antioxidant Carrot Multivitamin Serum. Fortunately, I did not purchase the product. I got a very generous sample from Kiehl's. I love Kiehl's and I truly am impressed by the way they constantly come up with innovative products that you can try first before committing. It's just sheer bad luck that this product didn't work on me. Sigh. I'm really quite sad. I wanted to join the cult and be sprinkled with the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate's magic dust!! 

Oh well. At least now I know I don't need to spend the S$80. 

The most important thing now is to get my skin back in order. SIGH. 

Anyway, on a happier note, this is my 1000th post! HOORAH! Thank you all for the support! :) 

This site claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this site are copyright to its respectful owners and the person/entity who created the photos. Images shown on this site are not for sale or for any other commercial purpose - all images are for site presentation purpose only. If there is an image appearing on this site that belongs to you and you do not wish for it appear on this site, please email with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.


No comments: