Friday, January 3, 2014

Touring Taiwan (December 2013) with Chan Brothers - Accommodation

It's only the 3rd day of 2014 and I'm already feeling miserable because of this terrible headache. So I thought to myself, let's blog to distract the excruciating pain? Great idea right?

This post is about all the 5 hotels that I stayed in during my trip to Taiwan. Yes, 7-day-6-night trip and FIVE hotels.

What do I think of the many hotels?

I DON'T LOVE IT. I can't really say I hate it because some of the hotels were really really excellent.

  • I have to pack my luggage every single morning. That will be alright if we had a later gathering time. Nope, our morning calls averaged at 645am. My goodness. Also, I'm not the type of person who can throw everything into the luggage and just pray that it will zip up. I need to fold/roll everything and fit them nicely, if not I will feel utterly miserable. So basically, I woke up 1 hour before the morning calls almost every morning and by the time I was on the bus, I was snoring away. 
  • I wasn't able to really appreciate the beauty of some hotels We were so excited about our own personal hot-spring in our hotel at Taitung, but since we reached the hotel late, we were only able to soak once/twice and then we just slept because we were so tired. I wished we had two nights in that beautiful hotel! 
  • Some hotels were freaking scary. One thing I hate about travelling is staying in a freaky hotel room. I'm born a Catholic and my mom always told me (more like snapped at me LOL) to ignore hotel superstitions. She can do it, BUT I CANNOT. Every single time I opened the door to a new hotel room, I will knock first. It has become a habit. Better safe than sorry right?? Anyway, some freaky stuff happened on the first night at Nantou - I couldn't fall asleep because of a really bad tummyache so I just closed my eyes and I prayed that the pain would go away. Then all of a sudden, I heard water droplets coming out of the tap in the toilet? "Tuk....tuk...tuk...tuk..tuk.." WTF I FREAKED OUT and just froze. I thought I was just imagining it all, so I just brushed it off. But the frequency got quicker and finally it stopped entirely. Then I decided to check what time it was (So stupid seriously). I grabbed my phone and as I pressed the home button, the clock turned from 259am to 3am. WTF. I immediately just turned to kengyang and prayed and PRAYED. So yes, freakish hotel rooms SUCK.
This is the first hotel that we stayed in. Our hotel room was very spacious and looked just like the photo provided on the website. We had a huge window too but lol, our view was the carpark and not Sun Moon Lake. SIAN.

1. Nantou Einhan Resorts

(Source: X)
We spent our second night in Kaohsiung and it was not a luxurious hotel. I"m guessing it's because we were staying in a city, instead of the suburbs, so the hotel rooms naturally were smaller and more cramped.

2. Kaohsiung Metropolitan Hotel 

(Source: X)
My favourite hotel of the lot. We had our own hot spring in the toilet and the room was HUMONGOUS. I really wished we had more nights in this beautiful hotel!

3. Taitung Royal Chihpen Spa


Our hotel room looked exactly like the photo provided on the website. AMAZING HOTEL!

(Source: X)
Our hotel in Hualien was also very comfortable and luxurious. The breakfast buffet was super delicious as well!!

4. Hualien Fullon Hotel

(Source: X)
We spent the last 2 nights in Taipei and I didn't really like the hotel that we stayed in. It was really cramped and the beds were tiny. I refused to sleep on one of the beds because it directly faced a mirror wtf. What kind of a hotel will do that?! It's hotel taboo! (The myth is your soul may get sucked into the mirror when you sleep and there's a possibility that your soul cannot get back into your body). I don't swear by hotel superstitions but it's really better safe than sorry lah. You know may have problem already, then you sleep on it for what right??

This hotel was really really old too and some of our drawers were damaged. BOO.

5. Taipei Fullerton East Hotel (changed from Taipei Imperial Hotel)

(Source: X)
So that's it! All the 5 hotels that I stayed in during my 7-day-6-night trip to Taiwan. I don't think I'll be joining a tour group for my future Taiwan trips. I'd rather stick to one/two hotels and explore each city more in a 7-day period. Or stay in an airbnb house! I love airbnb!!

My next trip will be from 27Feb to 2Mar for a company getaway. The location is still unknown though. The rumour is we're going to a Scandinavia country! YAY!

After that, I'll be going to Japan in August! I haven't really planned anything but I really want to spend summer in Japan! :) It's going to be blistering hot and freaking humid, but aiyoh, what's new when you live in Singapore?

Have a great Friday guys, YAY WEEKEND IS HERE! :)

No comments: