Thursday, August 15, 2013

Food hunt + update!

Food intake for the past two weeks has been way too much and way too indulgent. I eat and eat and eat and not exercise as much. Confirm gain weight. =___= 

I gotta admit though, food in Singapore is TOO GOOD. Cannot resist lah! That's why I always make sure I only have one heavy meal a day. If I'm gonna have a huge sinful dinner, then I'll eat salad/fruits for lunch. 

Time to stop blabbering and woohoo FOOD! 

KY and I went to Soon Li Yong Tau Foo at Bukit Merah for supper. This stall only opens after midnight. KY raved and raved about its amazing Yong Tau Foo and I must admit, it was the best Yong Tau Foo that I have ever consumed in my life. 

The terrible thing about my experience was the terrible queueing. I don't understand why people must cut queue? I mean, there's a queue already, then just go to the end and wait for your turn lah, why must cut queue?? I know the food is going to be sold out really fast but halo, it's your fault that you came late! Some of the people queueing came WAYYYY early and you just threw their efforts down the drain! Irritating twats. =___= 


But all my anger dissipated because holy cow, this was an amazing Yong Tau Foo experience.

Please do come here early and be civil!!


Soon Li Yong Tau Foo
Blk 115 Bukit Merah View #01-78
Opening Hours: Midnight until sold out (closed Mondays)



Nothing to praise about for the next photo. Just one of my many attempts to stay ... healthy? Anyway, just a random information - nuts are actually really high in calories. So, it's better if you eat nuts as a meal replacement, rather than eat it after a meal. I went to 7-11 to buy unsalted mixed nuts and got a shock of my life and how many calories one packet had. Yikes.

My FYP mates and I went to Poulet for our biweekly dinner and it was GOOD. A bit expensive though.




Lizhen introduced this new cafe at Marina Square while we were out together last week! It's called St. Marc Cafe. To be frank, I didn't really like the mango ice + ice cream. Choco Cro was really nice though.



Little Fuji was AMAZING. I don't know how they baked this pastry, but it was truly divine. I WANT IT ALL TO MYSELF, but we had to share. HAHA.


While having our Little Fuji, I noticed Hifumi Japanese Restaurant just opposite of St. Marc Cafe and Lizhen exclaimed that the restaurant had free flow appetisers and had really good mains. Sadly, all of us were stuffed and it was really late at night to be having another round of dinner. So, KY and I went the next day (or was it two days after, can't really remember), and it exceeded our expectations.

I was really shocked at the variety of appetisers that we can take non-stop! And nope, not anyhow appetisers okay, but legit delicious ones!!



I love love love the edamame+prawn drenched in a wasabi mayo dressing. SO GOOD. Chawanmushi was FREE FLOW. Hifumi, why you so nice?? :')


I ordered Chirashi Rice and I think it was priced at S$17.90? Very affordable for a bowl choked with fresh sashimi + unagi! I couldn't stop wow-ing to KY and I was genuinely upset when I took my last bite.

Definitely a must-go-again-or-many-many-times restaurant!!


I also went to Indobox at JEM, and it wasn't pleasant. I witnessed a really tired and overworked staff flare at the other staff members and I ate some bland Indonesian food.

I blame my Indonesian tongue for the second unpleasant experience. Being Indonesian myself, I know that Indonesian food is NOT supposed to be bland. Some people will even say that Indonesian food is too heavily-flavoured/salty/sweet/spicy. So I was initially just eating it without commenting on its blandness. Then KY also said that it was bland! Halo, we have a Singaporean here who agrees with me on how bland the food was.

So Indobox, please stop serving bland Indonesian food.


For our 2nd year anniversary, KY and I went to Baja Fresh for lunch and HOHO it was amazing. I had a free dish because I joined Club Baja and we were both super full after the meal. I'm going back there again though because I just received a free burrito for my birthday from Club Baja. HAHA. Join Club Baja!!



ANDDD the following photos are just random neither-here-nor-there photos. HEEHEE. I'm really vexed at work now because of some data provider and so I'm updating my blog!!




Photo taken by Wilson Wang. BEAUTIFUL RIGHT. 








Okay, time to upload beauty review photos when I go back home! Time to write some substantial reviews soon! :D

Have a great Thursday guys! :)

No comments: