Thursday, June 27, 2013

Review: essence Oz: The Great and Powerful Highlighter Powder in 01

Along with my essence Oz: The Great and Powerful Cream Blush in 01 purchase from JEM's Watsons, I also bought the essence Oz: The Great and Powerful Highlighter Powder in 01 The Great and Powderful. This retails for S$6.90.
 
I was so intrigued by the different fonts on the surface of the highlighter powder! The name of the shade also made me chuckle a little. "Powderful" - how Singlish is that? I still remember those days (maybe nowadays too haha) when we will say "Your english very powderful ah?" to someone whose mastery of English language was really .. erm .. powerful. HAHA. 
 
I DIGRESS WAY TOO MUCH.
 
Let's continue with the review!  
 




Packaging: Not expecting anything fancy because essence is such an affordable brand after all. I thought it was all planned out cleverly though. Clear upper case + pretty fonts on powder surface = attention grabber. Good one!

Sadly, the words are only imprinted on the surface. After a few applications, it will look just like normal highlighting powder.



Swatch taken with normal lighting

Swatch taken with camera flash
Pigmentation: To be frank, I thought the essence Oz: The Great and Powerful Highlighter Powder can be a little bit more pigmented. I had to apply 3-4 layers of the product to achieve my desired look. I adore the micro silver shimmers though. I don't think it will be visible under normal sunlight but it will definitely show when you use the camera flash!

Application: It's definitely on the powdery side but it's not unmanageable. The positive thing is the powder almost has no colour after one application, so even if it's powdery, you won't be able to notice much. Also, this highlighter powder will be good to use on your neck and décolleté too!

Longevity: Honestly, I didn't even notice it when it's applied, and so I can't really tell you whether or not it lasted me well. :S

Will I buy it again? Nope. I fancy the packaging, but other than that I'm not a believer.

Have a great Thursday everyone! :)

No comments: