Thursday, May 2, 2013

Review: O.P.I The Bondettes Collection (Inspired by SKYFALL)

I went into the Smoochiezz stand at Tanjong Pagar not knowing which nailpolish I should get, but I know I will get some nailpolish! And sure enough, I tried hard to only choose one set, and I walked out with the O.P.I The Bondettes Collection (Inspired by SKYFALL) and also some other stuff, which you can read about on my haul post

This set is GORGEOUS. I love my reds, dark deep colours and glitters and this set has all of them. Precisely why I got the set in the first place! 

The set costs S$20! I think if you get it online (ASOS for example), it's much more expensive, so yay Smoochiezz! 



The colours didn't look nice when I took the photos using natural lighting! I have no idea why because I'm a noob photographer, but maybe because it's too cloudy?


Colours from left to right:

  • GoldenEye 
  • The Spy Who Loved Me
  • The World Is Not Enough
  • Live and Let Die



GoldenEye looks like your basic gold glitter nailpolish but ohnonono, it's a yellow-tinted base nailpolish with gold glitters and gold shimmers in it. The glitters and shimmers are extremely fine and when you apply it, you don't get chunky applications. It's very smooth and your nails look so festive! :D


The Spy Who Loved Me is a warm tone red with fine gold shimmer. It's like trying to go sensual and funky at the same time!


The World Is Not Enough is a sheer metallic grey with fine multi-colour shimmers. I'm quite disappointed with this nailpolish. When I say sheer, it's REALLY sheer. If the colour came true to what I saw from the bottle, then it's a perfect colour! But no, I had to layer 3 coats to get like 75% of the pigmentation. :(


Live and Let Die is what I have on my nails right now. As always, I will turn to the dark colours first! Live and Let Die is a dark navy with fine glitter shimmers. It's really quite gorgeous because when the colour catches the sunlight, it turns into this glorious multi-dimensional colour. LOVE IT.


All 4 swatched on my fingernails. Sorry for this bad photo quality. :(

Anyway, look at The World Is Not Enough (2nd from right), this intensity was only achieved after 3 coats. I'm beyond depressed because the colour is so gorgeous but it's not showing up right!!


Can't wait to change to GoldenEye next week!! :)

Have a great day everyone! For those with exams, MUG ON!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information.
Accounts Software For Small Business
Simran Kaur