Thursday, May 23, 2013

Japan update #2

Finally another update from Japan! It has been a good 14 days here in Japan and we are still loving this country so so much! Occasionally, I miss my roti prata and hor fun fix but all is good since I can have my Japanese rice and Japanese eggs. The eggs here are GLORIOUS. They have orange yolks and the yolks taste sooooo creamy. I know I'm not supposed to have too many eggs in my diet with all the hereditary high cholesterol shit but I gotta take a gamble since I'm jn the land of glorious eggs. 

I think I'll miss the eggs the most. :( 

Anyway, we went to lots of places this past week! Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Kobe and now we are in Onomichi, Hiroshima! Osaka was not as busy as Tokyo and everyone's more laidback, but that also meant shops closed earlier. Now that we are in Onomichi, life is much more relaxed and the shops close way earlier. We just kept going back to our hostel earlier and earlier. Haha. Onomichi is really a pretty seaside city and we can't stop walking around the bay area because the view is simply breathtaking! 

Oh! And we visited Pokemon Centre in Osaka. HEAVEN ON EARTH! :) Bought a pair of socks and an iphone cover! 


We followed the advice of a certain blog on a hiking trail but it turned out to be fake. We were hiking a completely different mountain and in the end we had to have lunch in this secluded forested area. Hence, this face of mine. Bleh.


SEE THIS GLORIOUS EGG?! How to not eat everyday!? 


Best green tea ice cream from Kyoto's Golden Castle. Nothing beats this. I'm never going to order green tea ice cream again in Singapore because NO SHOP CAN BEAT THIS. 


Japan, as instant noodles country, does not joke around with her instant noodles. I felt like I was eating gourmet ramen. :') 


This was a set meal from Song Wu (松屋), a beef bowl shop that competes with Yoshinoya. It was cheap and bloody good. 


Here's chay taking a photo of a deer at Nara Deer Park! 


And now pretty photos from Onomichi! 




Best Udon EVER. It cost us 400yen (s$5?) and it was the most delicious bowl of udon I've ever eaten. Why no have such amazing udon in Singapore!? :( 


And that completes my second Japan post! 

We'll be moving to Hiroshima city tomorrow and I can't wait because I'm getting bored of Onomichi (shops close really really early. Damn sian.)! After Hiroshima, we'll be going back to Tokyo and then back to Singapore! Sian, why 3 weeks pass so fast one. :(

Have a great week ahead! Can't wait to buy all the awesome beauty products from Japan and then review them for you guys! Yay! :) 

No comments: