Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Review: Sleek Makeup Blush By 3 in Lace (Thank you Luxola SG!)

It has been long since I updated this space. I'm so sorry to all my readers! I have so many things due this week and I have been procrastinating (like always) and so everything just piled up. =_= Lesson for all university students - never procrastinate, or just try not to procrastinate so much. 

ANYWAYYY, I bought myself some Sleek goodies from Luxola.com

The Sleek Makeup blushes have been raved again and again by beauty bloggers everywhere and so of course I was intrigued! I purchased one last year, but it shattered to pieces and I'm now too heartbroken to use it because every single time I open it, more blush powder will be wasted. :( I know I should fix it soon, but as you have already noticed, I'm a procrastinator. So yes, I'd rather get a new Sleek blush. :S

First of all, before we go into the review of the Sleek Makeup Blush By 3 in Lace proper, I would like to comment on Luxola.com as a whole. My shopping experience with them was thoroughly enjoyable and a breeze. Even shipping was quick and my purchase was hand-delivered to me within 3 days for free! Amazing amazing experience! So thank you Luxola.com!!

So yes, I bought the Sleek Makeup Blush By 3 in Lace for only S$17! Currently there's a promotion going on for various credit card holders. More details at the end of this post! :) 




Packaging: Sleek Makeup has sleep packaging. Such an expected description and I'm not ashamed of it because it is really sleek! No busy and colourful designs, just a simple black, semi-matte packaging with the brand logo emblazoned on it. The packaging just makes the brand looks more expensive than it really is!

Pardon the eeky hair on the carpet. YIKES! 


The three colours included in this blush palette are:

  1. Crochet - a bright orange with minimal shimmer. I think the formulation is quite matte. 
  2. Guipure - a gorgeous pinkish-red with ultra-fine gold shimmers. 
  3. Chantilly - a bright coral red with minimal shimmer. 
I'm such a predictable person. From the way I describe the colours, it's obvious that my favourite shade is Guipure. :D





Swatches taken with camera flash
Pigmentation: Ohmygosh, let's talk about how pigmented these babies are. They are so pigmented, you need a light hand to avoid looking like a clown. I prefer to see it as a positive thing because it means you are definitely getting your money's worth! The intense pigmentation can prove to be a challenge for those just starting out with makeup but hey, you learn from your mistakes! All three colours are beyond beautiful but Guipure does it for me. The ultra-fine golden shimmer is so breathtaking. It's one of those shade whereby under sunlight it looks like a normal blush shade, but with flash photography, you look like a bronzed and blushed goddess. AMAZING! <3 a="" always="" and="" brush.="" brush="" build="" can="" colour="" do="" easier="" ensure="" excess="" hand="" have="" i="" is="" it="" light="" ll="" minimal="" much="" my="" nbsp="" off="" on="" once="" or="" p="" product="" remember="" remove="" s="" swirl="" tap="" that="" the="" then="" these="" this="" to="" too="" twice.="" twice="" up="" use="" way="" what="" when="" with="" you="">
The amazing Guipure. 


Blush formula: The Sleek Makeup Blush By 3 in Lace has a powder formulation that can rival high-end brands. I'm dead serious. It's not powdery at all and it applies beautifully with a cheap or an expensive brush. After the blush is applied on the cheeks, it does not look like you have powder blush on, instead it looks more like it has a velvety texture, which is odd, but a very much welcomed odd. 

Longevity: The blush stayed on my cheeks for an entire day, like an entire 13-hour day. The colour did not fade at all, which is mind-boggling to me because I have more expensive alternatives to this set, but they don't last as long! Great job, Sleek Makeup

Will I buy it again? I will not buy Sleek Makeup Blush By 3 in Lace again, but I will buy it in other colours!!! My mind is telling me that I should collect these blushes because of how good the quality is! 

And yes, here's the information to the current credit card promotion that Luxola.com is having! My Sleek Makeup Blush By 3 in Lace was initially S$20, but I got S$3 off because of the promotion, so yay! :) 


Thanks for reading and I hope you have an amazing shopping experience with Luxola.com too (and no, I'm not sponsored or anything, I'm just impressed by them and hence I must share the love).

Have a good week everyone! :) 

No comments: