Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Hello to my new New Balance 574! GORGEOUS!

Nothing can stop me from buying a damn good pair of shoes. If I feel like the price justifies the quality, then why not invest in it? Usually for everyday-wear shoes, I tend to allocate a much smaller budget; like below S$10. Yes you can find chio shoes for less than 10 bucks if you try hard enough. 

However, for special occasion shoes, I like to pay a little bit more. Yes, a pair of sports shoes falls under that category because I'm not going to wear them everyday unless I'm travelling with them! 

I only have one pair of sports shoes (for a shoe-holic like me, that is atrocious) and they are falling apart!! That pair was bought in 2009 and it has lasted me a good 4 years. Now, I need another pair so that I can retire the old one. 

So many local bloggers have been hyping about the New Balance 574s and to be honest, I'm quite easily influenced when it comes to shoes. People like it, looks nice, I'll get it (or a cheap knock-off). I haven't paid much attention to New Balance in the past, but after I start knowing more about the brand, THE SHOES APPEAR EVERYWHERE. On Running Man, on We Got Married, on the streets, even one of my neighbours has New Balance 574 shoes! Selective looking FTW. 

So yes, I got mine in the blue shade with neon pink details. The purple with neon green one was also very pretty but I figured the blue one will be easier to match. They retail for S$125, but I got them for S$112.50 thanks to Lily's Citibank card! :) 




PRETTY! I have been running in them for the past couple of days and they are AMAZING. So light-weight! Some hard-core runners may not like the idea of running with this pair but I'm not so hard core lah. Comfy enough for me to run can already.

Also, notice the "bermuda triangle" scar that looks like vampire bites (if vampires have three-pronged teeth lah. hahahaha)? HOW TO GET RID OF THEM? OMG SO UGLY!! Stupid mosquito bites and stupid me for scratching them. Lesson of the day: Don't scratch your insect bites!!


Can't wait to walk around Japan while wearing these babies. YAY to another opportunity at wallet-emptying! :)

3 comments:

Candhl said...

VERY PRETTY!! :D

jo said...

VERY PRETTY.
I never thought of my shoes as accessories to daily wear.. but now that you got me thinking, can I say that I really love the yellow + green pair that Ohsofickle's modeling on her blog?

HAHA. damn. too bad my trusty and chio adidas seem to still be holding up. No excuse to buy new footwear.

hahaha happy running Fifi!

Fitrina Lim said...

LEI HOU CHAN AND JO! Thank you! And jo ah, actually you don't need an excuse for another pair of sports shoes. Monday wear your chio adidas one, Wednesday wear your chio new pair! HEHEHEE :P