Sunday, February 24, 2013

Review: Essence My Skin Caring Cleansing Wipes

I ran out of my HG (Holy Grail) makeup remover cleansing wipes last weekend (Biore's Cleansing Wipes) and I decided to be bold and try something new! I spotted the Essence My Skin Caring Cleansing Wipes at BHG and decided to get two at one go because it was so affordable! It retails for S$3.50 and on top of that BHG had a 20% off deal for all the cosmetic products, so I ended up paying only S$2.80 for each pack of Essence My Skin Caring Cleansing Wipes! The Biore wipes are amazing but they cost almost three times more! 

If this proves to be as good, then it's definitely a cheaper alternative. Let's see then if the Essence My Skin Caring Cleansing Wipes perform up to standard! 

(Pardon the grainy photos, I used my iPhone 5 camera to capture them because my G11 is wonky these days. D:)

Packaging: Economical packaging with no fancy design. I prefer it this way because it looks professional. The adhesive opening is also commendable because it doesn't seem to lose its stickiness! I used it for the past one week already and the adhesive part still covers the packet strongly. Major plus points because this means the cleansing wipes will not dry out so quickly and easily. 


Cost: Too affordable to be true. Essence is really a brand that challenges the high end brands. Some of its products are worth so much more and yet they are priced so lowly! Every time I see an Essence counter, I cannot resist not buying anything!



Makeup removing effectiveness: The Essence My Skin Caring Cleansing Wipes work beautifully in removing makeup. Not so much for waterproof mascaras, but the rest of the junk is off after one wipe (even waterproof eyeliner!). Usually, I will use one side for the entire face, then I will fold it in half, squirt some Bifesta Cleansing Lotion and then proceed to remove my waterproof mascara.

Scent: I bought the Pomegranate and Bamboo type and the smell can get a little overpowering. I definitely will not recommend this to those who get headaches from strong smells. It does not smell of pomegranate or bamboo, sadly, but instead it smells of floral chemicals (if that makes sense).

Gentle on the skin? For those with sensitive or scne-prone skin, I think this product is safe for you. After one week of removing makeup with the Essence My Skin Caring Cleansing Wipes, I have no break-outs and no other skin problems. One thing to note though - the packaging indicates that no rinsing is required after you use the wipes, but I will highly recommend users to double cleanse, meaning after you wipe off your makeup with the wipes, you cleanse your face again with your preferred cleanser. This way, you can be sure that all the junk is removed from your face. The slightest leftovers will accumulate and sometimes lead to tiny bumps appearing!

Will I buy it again? Definitely. It's a great dupe for my favourite makeup removing wipes and it is amazingly affordable. The strong smell is a turn-off but since it does its job quite well, I'm not pushing away the product entirely.

No comments: