Sunday, February 24, 2013

Past week's boomshakalakas.

Updating my blog now has become less of a priority because of school work! I'm so sorry to my readers. I promise I'll blog more often when FYP's over! FYP for me has been bittersweet; I don't like it because my sleep and social life are compromised, but I kinda like it because I'm actually enjoying the process of report-writing. Tough to write an academic article, but strangely, I'm learning a lot and so I'm gradually loving the process. I guess when you start to love something even though it's tough, you know it's the right path. :) 

Obviously I won't be an academic researcher in the future, but WKWSCI has made me realise that I make a good researcher and hence I need to find jobs in this area. Which reminds me, I gotta reply this research company on my second interview! Hoorah!! :) I think I'm gonna apply for Estee Lauder too; research is what I find out I'm good at and beauty is my passion and interest! 

Anyway, last Sunday I realised that my makeup storage area is too messy and full of yucky old stuff, so I decided to clean it up! I threw quite a lot of products. A bit heart pain but aiyah now got more space for new things! :D 



Also don't know why I have so many shades haha. I need to stop buying things for the sake of collecting them! 



Went to Yomenya Goemon with Ong, Kokky, Chay and Xien on Friday and it was amazing! The pastas were priced rather reasonably and the quantity served was definitely worth much more than price! After leaving the place, I felt like I just finished a buffet session. Quality of the food was also great! Definitely a place that I would go again in the future! 

Photos below are without the pasta names because I really can't remember anything. Perhaps the only obvious one is the squid ink pasta. haha. 

The Onsen Egg was TOO YUMS. 




I didn't post any OOTD photos on instagram for so damn long that when I took photos of myself today, it felt weird - hence the weird pose. D:

Denim outerwear: pearlmilktea
Chanel inspired tank: BKK's Chatuchak Market
Sequin skirt: Cotton On
Shoes: F21
Bag: LV


We went to Watami to celebrate the February babies' birthdays and the food was mediocre. The only amazing dish was the Watami Salad. When the salad becomes the most stellar dish of the night, you know something is wrong with the restaurant. It's not THAT bad, but definitely not a restaurant that I will recommend to my friends.

We wanted to go to Sushi Tei, but the queue was too long and we had 13 people, so that made the waiting time even longer. D:

My bibimbap was too bland. I had to pour a copious amount of soya sauce. =_=

THE STAR DISH!! This was amazing. In my books, this can rival Sushi Tei's Sashimi Salad. 

Kengyang's beef bowl, which was also mediocre. Bleh. 

Kengyang and I strolled to the Esplanade area after dinner and we chanced upon MICapella performing for the Hua Yi Chinese Festival of Arts. They were BEYOND GREAT. No wonder they came in second on The Sing-Off (a Chinese competition inspired by The X Factor). My favourite performance has got to be their rendition of One Night in Beijing. Crazy talented group of singers!!


No comments: