Sunday, December 16, 2012

Review: Morilins Firming + Revitalizing Organic Eye Therapy Mask

I apologise to my readers for not posting more review blogposts. The only reason I can give is that the laziness kicked in, especially because it's the holiday season and all I wanna do is lie on my bed and be a sloth, and roll around all day. 

Not a very fruitful holiday, I know. Yikes. 

But here we go, one more skincare review done! :) 

This time, I'm reviewing the Morilins Firming + Revitalizing Organic Eye Therapy Mask that was included in my August Vanity Trove. I only got to use it now since I have my reservations about using new masks due to my sensitive, troubled skin. Since now my skin is somewhat under control, I'm back to using masks again! Hoorah for that! 

If you want to get this mask after reading my blogpost (haha I hope that is the reason), then you can click on at beautycarousel.com to purchase it. It retails for S$9.90 each! 


"Adopting an organic approach to beauty care and rich in active botanical extracts and oceanic minerals. MORILINS Facial Therapy and Eye Therapy masks cater to a wide range of skin types gently and effectively."

All the hype of organic products have also been applied on masks. Personally, I don't get the hype, but I'm quite sure the placebo effect works on a majority of people. Just because a product is organic means it's better than its counterparts. The mind works that way and it's smart than more and more brands are jumping into the "organic" bandwagon.

I'm not saying organic products are a bad thing of course. You pay more for a product that is deemed more effective and sanitary - sounds reasonable. I just don't get organic tomatoes lah, organic corns, organic black pepper. For what?

But that's beside the point haha. Let's get back to reviewing this eye mask!


This mask has a different directions guide than other eye mask. You will understand why in a while...


All the goodness that's compacted into the Morilins Firming + Revitalizing Organic Eye Therapy Mask.


Ingredients List


Packaging: The packaging embodies the "organic" concept very well. However, I thought the packaging was too big for an eye mask. It makes me think that I'm paying more for the packaging than the mask itself.

Mask Design: Such an interesting eye mask! Instead of the usual double sheets of cloth that need to be applied under both eyes, the Morilins Firming + Revitalizing Organic Eye Therapy Mask is just one long sheet of cloth! Also, this makes sense because instead of applying it under the eyes, you are supposed to cover your eyes with it, hence the "Close eyes before applying masks" instructions. I love this concept!


In the photo below, I was applying it wrongly. HAHAHAHA. The correct thing to do is to apply the mask further up until it covers the entire eyeball area!

I realised my mistake and I moved the mask further up, but I forgot to take a photo. FAIL!


Application: Confusing at first, but I finally got it! The eye mask was also very soft, hence it applied well and fit into the contours of the eye area very well. No unnecessary air bubbles and the perfect fit meant that I can be sure the goodness is working on every part of my eye area evenly.

Did it work? I'm quite happy to say yes it did work, and it worked miraculously. I think the main reason why it worked so well was because I had a bad eye-area condition to begin with. It was examination period and all I did was study and watch videos. Hence, my sleeping pattern was heavily disrupted and I looked like a panda (or Big Bang's Seungri LOL) without makeup. After using this mask for a good 40 minutes (I fell asleep halfway and hence I had it on for more than the recommended timing), I was surprised that the swelling under my eye area was visible and remarkably reduced.

The reduced swelling carried on till the next day and I was quite pleasantly surprised! Usually eye masks only work for a few hours, then your problems will appear again. Definitely not with the Morilins Firming + Revitalizing Organic Eye Therapy Mask!

Whether or not the mask firmed my eye area is a question that I cannot answer because I only used it once! After-effects like firming can only be seen if you religiously use the mask for a few weeks or so. Hence, I'm not eligible to tell you whether or not the firming effect is legitimate.

Will I buy it again? I will, but now I'm quite hesitant because of the price tag. S$9.90 per eye mask is quite pricey in my opinion. At the moment, I'm using my philosophy hope in a tube, and so I don't really need an eye mask. However, in the future when I badly need an immediate solution, I definitely will go back to the Morilins Firming + Revitalizing Organic Eye Therapy Mask!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fee ah, organic is no chemicals, not no germs

Fitrina Lim said...

halo gohchaychay. haha see lah, i dont get organic things until i dont really care about researching. hahahahaha. anyway i removed that sentence liao. :D