Monday, November 26, 2012

Review: Tony Moly Cats Wink Mascara in Volume & Longlash

Finally I'm back on the blogging track! I still have one more paper to go but that's 9 days later, so I think I can afford for a good 5 days or so. :D 

Everyone knows my obsession with mascaras. I even still keep my mascaras from way way before just for the sake of collecting them. Of course I don't use them anymore, but looking at my growing collection of mascaras makes me happy. 

Here is another Korean brand mascara that I purchased off Qoo10 (where else? haha). I think I bought it during a Timed Sale and so it was S$5 with free shipping. It now retails for S$7.50 with free shipping! Still rather reasonable I'd say! 


The Tony Moly Cats Wink Mascara is available in 2 variations - the Curling & Longlash and the Volume & Longlash. I just went straight for Volume & Longlash




Packaging: This packaging is too cute!!! Very much like their lipsticks, the Tony Moly Cats Wink products all have this cat design on their packaging. Too adorable! Also, I like how this mascara is just so sleek. Sleek with a pop of cuteness. Loving this Cats Wink line a lot! 







Brush: To be honest I was quite disappointed with the brush. Although it was the sturdy type, and not those filmsy rubber bendable ones, I didn't expect the brushes to be so sparse. I don't think the brush design helped the mascara to be applied in a more volumising way, which kind of defeats the purpose because it is a volumising mascara. 

Application: I like to layer my mascaras and so I will very much prefer my mascara to dry quite quickly after the first application, so that my second application will have a significant effect. Mascaras with a wet formula tend to make the second application brush away the first application, and so the volumising effect is just extremely minimal. That is my problem with this mascara. I don't know if it's too new or what, but the formula is very wet, which once again defeats the purpose of it being a volumising mascara. Perhaps I need to give it some time, let the product thicken a little or something. :S

Volumising: As seen from the two paragraphs above, the volumising effect of the Tony Moly Cats Wink Mascara is almost negligible. It just looks like I have mascara on, but I don't look like I have full lashes. 

Longevity: I was highly impressed by the longevity and how well it withstood the terrible humid weather. This is not a waterproof mascara but even after 12 hours under the hot sun, it didn't flake, it didn't smudge and I don't even have the slightest black marks under my eyes. Great staying power!

Will I buy it again? Nope I don't think so. The packaging is definitely very very precious, but since I already have one to add into my mascara tubes collection, I don't think I need another one. Moreover, this mascara doesn't really do what it promises. 

No comments: