Friday, November 9, 2012

Review: Tony Moly CatChu Wink Lipstick in 04 Coral Pop

A regular blog reader will know that I'm not a lipstick person. I focus more on my eyes than my lips and I like the feeling when I have nothing on my lips! Lipsticks are great products but I really can't be bothered to touch-up throughout the day. For example, you would have to re-apply after eating or drinking, and for me it's too much of a hassle. 

But lately, I'm itching to explore another side of makeup - "bare eyes and bold lips" look. "Bare eyes" meaning ugly dark areas concealed and just bedazzled with two coats of mascara. "Bold lips" of course literally just means bold lips - red lipsticks, wine lipsticks, vampire purple lipsticks, coral orange lipsticks. NO nude lipsticks please. 

I have a lot of lipsticks in my collection, but they are mostly for free-lance purposes, so I myself don't use them. So I needed a personal bright-coloured lipstick. 

Of course, I had to turn to qoo10. Where else would I go? 


I bought the Tony Moly CatChu Wink Lipstick in 04 Coral Pop for S$6.40 during a sale. I believe it is now on sale for S$7! I'm certainly not regretting this purchase. Even my sister loves the colour! She wanted me to use this lipstick on her for her prom!




Packaging: What a unique and cute packaging. I mean, COME ON! How can you not like a lipstick that's packaged like a cat?! And yet, it's still so chic because of the black lacquered outlook. Just perfect. Ultimate sense of pride when you whip this out at the toilet, laugh at all the other ugly normal lipsticks!!!!! (just kidding, but you know what I mean)


Colour: 04 Coral Pop is not really a coral orange colour. It's more of a blend between neon orange and subdued pink. It looks bright, but it applies more subtly. Good for those who are still exploring the unknown realms of bright lipsticks. 


Swatch with no camera flash, and no sunlight. It was just really cloudy. haha. 

Swatch with camera flash

Pigmentation: No complaints about the pigmentation at all. I do not need to use much force while applying because the colour just glides on perfectly. It does not apply heavily too, so if you think you need a heavier look, just layer on one more time!


04 Coral Pop on my not-taken-care-of lips. OOPS. 

Moisturising factor: It has a good moisturising balance. It will not dry your lips, for sure. Also, it is not dripping with gloss till your hair sticks to it whenever you try to turn your head. Just the right balance and just perfect for our weather too!

Longevity: This is not a long-wearing lipstick so I didn't expect the colour to last beyond 2 hours on my lips. To my surprise, with no eating and drinking, the colour lasted on lips for a good 4 hours. Quite decent eh?

Will I buy it again? Of course! I'm now contemplating on whether I should buy other colours like 05 Red Cat and 06 Orange Pop. So tempted but my bank account is sobbing so hard! :(

Hope this has been helpful and have a great weekend! :)

No comments: