Thursday, October 22, 2015

Spicy noodle, bubbly mask and HARRY POTTER!

This month has been hectic. Filled with mostly busy weekdays and fun weekends. I'm very proud of myself this month. I went out to meet up with friends or to date my man almost every weekend day. Which says a lot because usually I just want to be glued to my bed and never leave my room till Monday comes again. 

Also, I cannot believe November is almost here. Christmas is around the corner. It is mind boggling how fast the year has gone by. Need to start buying Christmas presents again! Typo, here I come! :D

Anyway, you know all these Youtube videos about people trying Korean spicy noodles? I was really intrigued. Got so spicy or not?? So, when I saw that the 7-11 near my office sold them, I grabbed one to try. To be honest, it was spicy. Definitely will numb your tongue a bit, but aiyoh some people really over-react leh! I understand some of them didn't have high tolerance level for spiciness but I saw some people cursing and swearing profusely, then got some even cried like a baby on screen. Not so bad lah! Actually really quite nice. The trick is to not slurp the noodles using your lips, just put a bit of noodles in a spoon and scoop straight into your mouth. Not so spicy anymore! I'll be getting more because it's really nice and the spiciness super got kick, damn shiok!


I had a lot of fun trying out new things that day haha. After my spicy noodles, I tried a bubbly mask. I saw this on someone's Instagram and was soooo curious as to how it will work in real life. 

It's a tea tree purifying mask so it's suitable for my skin. Once you apply the black mask on your face, bubbles will start forming and you will slight tingling to indicate that the product is working in trying to remove the gunk in your pores. Then you remove the mask after 10 minutes and rinse off thoroughly. Very brilliant product if it worked as promised! 



Definitely worked as promised HAHA. I look like a bear!! 

I also liked how refreshing this made my skin feel, and the tingling sensation is quite satisfying. I have used this 3 times and I enjoyed every 10-minute session. Gonna get more soon. I got my first set of 3 on carousell for S$5. Super cheap please, but I think the retail price is much higher than that. 


Taobao purchase from last month - flamingo print tote bag for less than S$8! 

This month's shopping ban has been quite successful. I mostly bought necessities like soap, shampoo etc because I was running out. Other than that, I have restricted myself quite well. Yay. But the temptations were aplenty, especially now that we have Topshop Singapore online and of course every single day I'm discovering new stuff on Taobao. But I'll persevere and save the money for the food and shopping during my upcoming Hong Kong trip!


ALSO, JENG JENG - I finally have the illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. It is BEAUTIFUL. Jim Kay is a genius. 



My favourite page is this short guide to trolls! :D 


I love the excitement! It's like in the past when I queued up outside Popular bookstore when a new book was released just so that I could read the book immediately after release. Now no longer queueing outside book stores because can just preorder on Amazon! Can't wait for the next one! But hmm, how would Order of Phoenix be illustrated. That book has 700+ pages of densely spaced lines. Another question is how heavy will the illustrated Order of Phoenix be? But who cares about these questions because I'm still going to get all of them!

What a glorious way to end the post. I love Harry Potter so much! I have yet to visit a Harry Potter theme park so maybe 2016 resolution? :)

No comments: