Saturday, September 15, 2012

Review: Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights in Dusk

I hate it when my face is only prepped with foundation and powder because I feel like I look like death. I need some sort of colour and during the times when I don't feel like applying blusher, bronzers are the next go-to products. Bronzers are all amazing for girls with huge wide face like me; I especially love to contour my cheekbone area to make my high cheekbones more obvious and hence looking more skinny. IT'S ALL LIES BUT OHWELL~ 

The Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights in Dusk was included in the Sephora Summer Set that I purchased a couple of months back. 

Here's the link to the product: http://www.smashbox.com/product/6008/17747/index.tmpl and it retails for US$30. 

Basically, Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights promises to give the skin "a gorgeous lit-from-within radiance". 

Do I buy it? To be frank, not really. 



For a sample product, 0.13oz/3.61g is quite a substantial amount. 



As the website stated, these are the colours - pinkish bronze, tan, blushed pink, dark bronze and champagne. 

The stripes look exceptionally pretty, but swirling a bronzer brush on the product gives off a nice glow to the face. 


One swipe

Two swipes

Pigmentation: A huge disappointment. It's really difficult to get the real colour out and that involves heavy swiping on my part. Using a brush did not make the situation any better because there simply was negligible product that was picked up by the brush! How am I supposed to review a product when I can't even get it on my face? Terrible pigmentation.

Application: A nightmare because I can't seem to see the difference on my face. I kept brushing and brushing and brushing and I finally noticed some change in skintone after like 5 heavy applications. After those 5 heavy applications, I looked normal and sculpted, and not like a clown. What a laborious procedure!

Longevity: Although application and pigmentation were complete disasters, I have to credit the Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights for being long-lasting. It was noticeable and natural-looking on camera even after a long long 12-hour day. So kudos to that.


Packaging: Another thing that I hate about this product is the packaging. I really hate the fact that I have to keep screwing the top open before I can use it. What's the point? Why can't it be like other normal bronzers and their normal flip-open design? Also, I don't know what the material they use as the packaging but it really is a fingerprint magnet. My Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights looks terribly dirty right now and I have only used it twice! I guess I'm really not a happy customer when it comes to this product *shirks shoulder and throws it aside*.

Will I buy it again? Hell no, what's the point of it being a bronzer when I can't even get colour out of the product? It's not like as if I have a tanned skin tone, I'm borderline pale and I can't even see the pigmentation on my skin! Boo to this product!

No comments: