Monday, August 27, 2012

Musings while working

Just the fact that I'm updating my blog while at work proves how bored I am at the moment. I am supposed to be coding but I have been doing that for the past 2 hours so I'm obviously getting highly restless.

I'm so highly fidgety that my brain started to think about the future. What do I want in the future?

  • I will like to further my studies. Probably a masters in some research related course. The WKWSCI one seems really tough to apply, especially with the stiff competition. 
  • I will like to continue working at MTV. I really hope some sort of miracle happens and the executives decide to grant more budget to the research department and so the department can increase its manpower! 
  • I will really like to do some sort of OCIP. I know WKWSCI has one this year but it's really too much for a final year student. I am assuming my recess week will be full of FYP meetings so I refrained myself from joining the rather tempting WKWSCI-OCIP :( 
  • I will like to increase blog readership to around 25,000 readers a month by 2014. It's now at 8,000 per month and I'm quite pleased at how the numbers are growing every month (I was at 2,000 per month in December of 2011). Of course I can't compare my numbers with top local bloggers but a target is always good, and a reachable target is even better! 
  • Marriage is something I have never put much thought of before my 23rd birthday. But now, I'm quite confused because on one hand, I want to work and be financially strong first, and on the other hand, family pressures force me to think about marriage earlier. My maternal grandmother always exclaims on how she would die happily if she could see me walk down the aisle while she is still alive. Such statements are a nightmare. Why do grandparents do that? :( 
  • Kengyang tells me that he's going to be an entrepreneur. I was quite against starting up on your own so early in life because of the many risk factors (unless of course you start something while already rich). Now that I think of it again, you really will put in more effort when you work for something that's yours. If all else fails, I guess I can always go back to helping him? HAHA. Backup plans MUST exist. 
I need an organised route. I take surprises and shocks really badly and I need to see the straight path in front of me to feel confident about the future. Obviously, there will be certain situations that I cannot predict, but I prefer most of everything to be laid out nicely. 

And I have written for a good 15 minutes. Let's call it a day and find Kengyang and feast on KFC! :D 

No comments: