Thursday, July 19, 2012

Review: Kiss Me Heavy Rotation Perfect Eyeliner

Kiss Me Heavy Rotation Perfect Eyeliner was one of my beauty acquisitions from Hong Kong! It costs HKD62, so around S$10+? Not bad for a popular Sasa product! 

It's highly recommended by Sasa and Kiss Me claims that the product will last for an unbelievable 24 hours. I mean, come on, who will have eyeliner on for 24 hours. Damn gao wei! But a strong claim is a claim that I must check out! 

I will put this product in the one-level-before-holy-grail status. It's really good for the price and I love how it pairs up with my liquid eyeliner. 








Packaging: Like all pencil eyeliners, the packaging is thin and compact. No problems there. 

Product texture: I like how it's a pencil liner, but it's not the chalky type. The texture is almost gel-lish and very soft! It certainly feels like an Urban Decay 24/7 liner! 


It also comes with a sharpener and a smudger. Amazing deal. The smudger works wonders too. I don't know if it's the smudger or the product, but when I tried to smudge the eyeliner on my lids, it somehow turns powdery and like eyeshadow. It doesn't feel heavy or cakey at all! 

Swatches with camera flash - normal line (left) & smudged line (right)

Swatches with camera flash - after intense rubbing

Swatches with camera flash - after intense rubbing + running tap water

Pigmentation: The photos do not do this eyeliner justice. The swatches do not look pigmented at all, but trust me, it is highly pigmented. It's one of those rare pencil eyeliners in which you swipe once across and you're done. No need for a second round. Amazing for its price!

Longevity: Does it stay for a full 24 hours? I have no idea. But it certainly did stay for a good 12 hours or so. That's good enough for me.

Application: EASY PEASY NO TROUBLE WOOHOO

Smudging: This is the point that made this perfect eyeliner less perfect. After a good three hours or so, I noticed some black marks on my lower lids. EYELINER TRANSFER is not good. Although it was quite little, but it is still there. Maybe it's our weather? Japanese girls swear by this eyeliner like a magic wand!

Waterproof?: meh. This is not heavy duty waterproof. The best description will be, when you cry, this will not budge, but when you cry and start to rub your eyes, there goes your eyeliner and HALO PANDA EYES!

Will I buy it again?: Definitely. To prevent the smudging, I actually paired this product with my trusted liquid eyeliner and everything went well! I just love how fast this applies. There's no need for a reapplication because the eyeliner stays there almost all day.

No comments: