Thursday, June 21, 2012

Review: DEWYTREE Tea Tree Blemish Solution Mask

This is another one of those random things you buy at Watsons while you are waiting for someone. Hurhur. I saw this stand full of masks in a lab-coat packaging, of course will catch my attention! So I decided to try one out!

The DEWYTREE Tea Tree Blemish Solution Mask retails for S$3.90 at Watsons! 

You can also get the 5-piece set at S$12.99 on Qoo10 here: http://list.qoo10.com.sg/item/DEWY-TREE-SOLUTION-MASK-PACK-5PCS/406217135



Hahaha at "which passed all sorts of complicated tests.."


I appreciate the "Dermatologist Tested" stamp. It makes me feel like I'm using something that's going to work if I do use it for a long period of time. Packaging tactics huh?


This is suitable for those with skin problems like whiteheads, blackheads and acne. Much like what I'm dealing with daily. 

Also, I was rather intrigued by the promise of a "cotton sheet mask with silky touch". Masks are masks right? What difference can the "touch" be? 

(How to Use) and Ingredients List




The moment I opened and took out the mask, I knew there was something different with the quality of the sheet. It didn't feel like cloth, and it also didn't feel like gel, it kind of feels like both. I don't really know how to express this texture, but the mask definitely lived up to the "silky touch" claim. 

Also, I think it's miraculous how this mask did not have any solution drippings. You know how irritating it is when you take out a mask, and then the liquid starts to drip everywhere? =_= This has none of that! Everything stayed compact in the mask, and when I applied it on my face, it feels like there's so so much product being absorbed into my pores. Amazing! 

However, it's really vulnerable. I was trying to separate the top and bottom half and accidentally tore the forehead area. Not a problem but just handle with care!


The mask is also extremely stretchable. No problem in getting all the air bubbles out of the mask and I actually could smooth the mask out on my entire face. Finally! 

It certainly did feel like my skin absorbed so much more product than normal masks. 

I also think that patting your skin gently with your fingers after you remove the mask is a great after-step to let your skin maximise the absorption of the product that's left over on the surface of your skin. Patting your skin helps to let your skin dry faster too! No more sticky feeling! :)

Definitely will try to purchase this mask in bulk since S$3.90 is considered quite pricey for a drugstore mask! 

No comments: