Sunday, February 26, 2012

Review: Sexylook Sexy Doll Mask

More and more Taiwanese mask brands are coming out and I can't wait to get my hands on all of them because their packagings are all so nice!

The latest one that I purchased to try was the Sexylook Sexy Doll Mask. Sexylook is a mask brand that popularises the brainwave of a duo face+neck mask, so of course I was excited for this!

This retails for S$2/piece at Watsons!

Their current spokesperson now is Aisha, a Japanese who made it big in Taiwan (NO THAT IS NOT MAKIYO!).


I bought the Intensive Energizing and Luminous Silk Mask.

It promises to:
  • "reveal a luminous and translucent skin"
  • "enhance anti-aging efficacies"
  • and "brighten your face instantly"
Sounds like a dream? Maybe not to me. READ ON...


Ingredient list for the paranoid ones.



There are only 3 good things about this mask:
  1. The expiry date is stated CLEARLY. Many masks that I used in the past had no such indications, or I had to play a watered-down version of hide-and-seek to look for the expiry dates.
  2. The mask itself fits my face perfectly.
  3. The mask came with the plastic separator - prevents essence from dripping and easily separates the folded mask.
OTHER THAN THAT, BLERGH.


How the mask looks like straight out of the packaging.



It fits nicely on my face...


Did I like it? NO

Will I buy it again? NO

Here are the reasons why this mask irked me so freaking much:
  1. The smell is overpoweringly chemical. For those who have a tendency to get headaches or migraine attacks from strong smells, I will advise you to steer clear of this mask. I had a migraine 10 minutes after I put it on. =.=
  2. It does nothing. Seriously. Usually I could feel my skin feeling smooth and supple. But no, this just felt sticky and gross. The essence doesn't get absorbed AT ALL. I had to use a face towel to get rid of it after 20 freaking minutes of on-off massaging. After I wiped it away, my skin felt like I used cooking oil or something, it was BEYOND OILY. Definitely NOT recommended for those with oily skin.
  3. I had breakouts the next day. SERIOUSLY HUH? SERIOUSLY?! =.=
I was a very unhappy user. Nope, will never buy this ever again and will not recommend it to my friends.

Packaging is very pretty, but it does nothing, and perhaps maybe detrimental for those with oily skin.

NEXT, PLEASE.

No comments: