Sunday, December 11, 2011

Review: Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner (Limited Edition Design)

This set retails for S$29.90 at Watsons islandwide. I'm pretty sure most Watsons will have it, but just to be safe, maybe attack the more prominent stores.

This review is for the Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner.

I have reviewed the Dolly Wink Volume Mascara; you can read the post here or you can just scroll down to the next post. :)


Apparently this purple dotted design is a limited edition design from Dolly Wink! Quite cute, IMO. Combination of royal purple and turquoise is quite alluring!


It promises "smudge-proof, water, perspiration and sebum resistant" wear and easy removal. I must say, the product keeps to promises quite well!


The brush is VERY VERY VERY fine and thin. This facilitates control during application. However, this posed a certain problem for me.

I like to wear my eyeliner quite thick and so when I'm using this liquid eyeliner, I need to go over the area for quite a few times. Rather troublesome, especially when compared to my trustworthy UD pencil eyeliner that allows me to cover a larger eyelid area in one swipe.


The formulation of this eyeliner is quite runny when JUST applied. What surprised me (in a good way), is how fast it dries. In less than 5 seconds, the just-marked area was dry and after trying to wipe it away, it stayed put. PLUS POINTS.

Another thing that I was quite impressed is how pigmented the product is despite being in a pen form. I have a lot of bad experiences with pen-form eyeliners; they dried up too fast! Usually when I'm done with my eye, and I moved on to the next eye, the brush would be all dry and difficult to work with!

This was a dear to work with! :)


This is how black the eyeliner was. IT IS REALLY REALLY BLACK. HOORAH.



Flakiness: NONE AT ALL. This eyeliner is so crazily tough. Usually after a long day, you will start to get flakes on the lower lid area. With this eyeliner, my lower lid area stayed clean even after 12 hours of wear and NO touch-ups. Truly amazed.

Removal: Super easily removed with a good makeup remover. No pressure needed to remove it also.

There is one negative point though; since the eyeliner dries SO FAST, the moment you start reapplying on a previously applied area, the dried area may be removed by the brush. I don't know how to explain it better, but sometimes that leaves you with unsightly holes and you have specially attend to those areas - MORE TIME CONSUMING.

Holy grail liquid eyeliner? MAYBE not at the moment.

No comments: