Saturday, November 26, 2011

Review: Makeup Forever Smoky Lash Mascara

This mascara has been a huge lemming of mine since months and months ago, ever since all the top Youtube beauty gurus started raving about it.

Very sadly for me though, this mascara is too extravagantly-priced (at almost S$50 for one tube!) and since I'm a poor university student with almost no source of income, such splurges can only wait till I'm working or till I accidentally mother a child with a rich businessman.

Lame humour aside, I finally got my hands on a SAMPLE-SIZED Smoky Lash Mascara and I must admit that purchasing it through sg-beauty for S$5 was the best decision EVER.

This next photo is highly deceiving. No, the sample size is not generously huge. I shall compare it with a household item.


A STAPLER! That's how big the product is. For a sample, I must admit that it's packaged larger than its other buddies. DIOR Mascaras samples are like the tiniest thing ever, even smaller than a perfume vial sample!

So this is BEYOND SATISFACTORY.


The previous owner stated that it was BRAND NEW, and yes it was brand new and I am a happy girl. I expected the mascara to be all dry and eeky inside but no, they are still new and gooey and awesome! A VERY GOOD BUY.

Also, looking at the size of this mofo, I think it will last me close to a full month, with daily usage. BLOODY AWESOME.

The bristles are very very fine, which enables the wand to coat every single lash easily. The other good thing is how the wand is not those plasticky mess that bends and stuff. Very few of such mascaras actually work, and I will very much prefer the traditional stiff mascara wand.

The wand size is quite huge, hence it will be quite difficult for those with small eyes or droopy eyelids to apply. No such problems for me though, so heehee am happy!


They call it the "Extra Black Mascara". That is 100% factual. It almost rivals the black shade of Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Perversion. Not a good comparison since they are both different cosmetic items, but you get the point!


Pictures to show you how awesome this product is:



STOP COMMENTING ON THE BROWS, I KNOW!

In the above pictures, I applied 2 coats on both eyes without curling the lashes beforehand.

Length: Look at my lashes, how are those not lengthened!! Seriously very impressed with this mascara!

Volume: 2 coats were enough for the volume that I want. I think one more coat will create a huge blunder of clumps, so better stop at 2!

Clumps: As abovementioned, do stop at 2 coats. The formulation of this mascara is highly thick and so the chances of you getting a clumpy mess is quite high. NO TO THOSE NIGHTMARES.

Staying power: I applied this mascara the next day and it survived the ultimate fickle Singapore weather; crazy heat, crazy humidity then crazy rain. Nothing stops this mascara from being LONG-LASTING. And I'm quite surprised that at the end of the day, no flaking was present! MUCH LOVE. :)

Such is a product that makes me want MORE. I'm going to get a full-size one as soon as I get my first month's pay as an intern next year!! :D

No comments: