Thursday, November 17, 2011

Food photos of the week.

I feel an obligation to post as many blogposts as possible because of my possible hiatus next week due to the examinations.

Food photographs are always cheered upon, especially if the food looks good in the photos! :)

I miss this simple breakfast so so much. 2 perfectly-cooked soft-boiled eggs with a serving of kaya toast with chunks of melting sinful butter, then wash it all down with a strong dosage of kopi. What else can beat this traditional, but powerful breakfast? Everytime I eat good soft-boiled eggs, I feel like crying. Making good soft-boiled eggs is freaking hard, I FAIL EVERY SINGLE TIME. Hence, I appreciate all the hard work that goes into a soft-boiled egg. Thank you dear Saint of Soft-Boiled Eggs at Yakun.


And then I had Ayam Penyet Ria for dinner. All this while, I have been eating Ayam Penyet at Restoran Surabaya at Lucky Plaza and I still frequent that place for the most authentic and the most delicious ayam penyet. Seriously, if you want good ayam penyet, don't frequent the stalls opened by Malays/Chinese (Malays and Chinese, do not be offended, because the purpose of this sentence is NOT to insult your race, but rather to comment on your inability to cook nice ayam penyet), just frequent an Indonesian stall/restaurant. Nothing can be more authentic than a plate of ayam penyet made with love by an Indonesian. And halo, Restoran Surabaya is really quite awesome. For those oblivious and ignorant, Surabaya is an Indonesian city and it's the birth place of ayam penyet.

OKOK back to Ayam Penyet Ria. This Indonesian eatery (YA IT'S INDONESIAN OKAY) serves the most spicy sambal ever. We ordered the kangkung dish also, and wtf they used the sambal to make the gravy and within two spoonfuls, I can feel chemicals in my tummy churning away. THE SAMBAL IS LETHAL, but it was mother good. YUMYUM.

I cannot wait for another round of this hot awesomeness. Just a word of warning though, please don't eat this too often, your bowels, especially your rectum, will not appreciate it. I had to endure a grueling session in the toilet the morning after I ate this. GOSH, BUT IT WAS ALL WORTH IT.


Cafe Cartel date! Mushroom soup was so-so. It tasted exactly like Knorr instant mushroom soup. =.=


This is the crazy part. I ordered ribs because they were on promotion at a plate for S$11.80++. I didn't expect much because hello, they were having a promotion, surely the portion is going to be damn small? WRONG. I almost felt full when I saw the waiter serve me my ribs.

It took me almost an hour to almost finish it. SO MUCH RIBS SO LITTLE TUMMY SPACE.

It was really good but the taste gets too overpowering after a while. I think I can abstain from ribs for a year now.


HEH. Nothing is better than a good chugga chugga of beer. NOTHING. :D


No comments: