Thursday, December 23, 2010

ELF Beauty Encyclopedias + The Christmas Bells are ringing!

Now that the exams are over, things start to mellow down a little bit. Though I have been spending more and that's worrying. :)

Some updates:

  1. THE RESIDENCE PERMIT HAS BEEN GRANTED HOORAH! Finally can shop without that nagging feeling that you MAY not go eventually.
  2. It's 18 more days to Swedish goodness!
  3. I have yet to pack my luggage. Uh-oh.
  4. So many catching up to do with so many people. And a countdown party with master chef Wang cooking again!
  5. The entire Indo family is here and my room has never looked so tidy and clean before. To be really honest, I just shoved everything into any possible covered cabinet. But having my Indo family here is really nice because the stepfather will stop to bully the mother. At least he knows he will have an army, fully equipped with high-tech weaponry, if he does anything stupid. Hardeeharhar.
  6. We are going to Universal Studios on the 26th!
  7. Stepdad's older sister is treating us to a Christmas buffet on the 25th!
  8. FOUR SEASONS DESERT BUFFET ON THE 29TH WITH AWESOME PEOPLE.
  9. out with my besties, mela and stufu today! HOORAH LIFE IS GOOD.

here's a photo of me and my cousin. The first thing she said when she saw me was, "you have your own room, your own laptop, your own camera and nice bedsheets. tsk tsk tsk" This girl speaks with a strong accent and forever oh-so cute. HAHA.


I finally got my elf The Beauty Encyclopedia from a Smoochiezz spree. There was so much hype going on on YouTube about these and I could not wait to get my hands on them. I got myself the Basic Eye Edition and the Eye Edition. There was a colourful also, but I figured I use neutrals more often. Also, I think there was a Face Edition? I have no use for that though since I have a massive amount of face products to finish using. O_O


The brushes that came with the two sets were different! So weird! The Eye Edition came with double-ended brush with two black sponge, instead of one being the eyeshadow brush. Hmm. I don't really like those sponges, but I must admit the brush side was really of great quality. Much like the US$1 eyeshadow brush, but a tad smaller. It was soft, and surprisingly not shedding at all after washing!


Both sets came with a little shimmery black eyeliner. This is after a heavy swatch.

It smudges kind of easily, so it's more appropriate for a smoky-eye look eyeliner. The packaging stated "shimmery", but I saw no glitter specks or whatsoever. Certainly not a big fan of this.


The Basic Eye Edition

The colours are all mostly brownish and towards the purple side. It's a mix of shimmery and matte shades. They are surprisingly of really good quality! However, the matte brownish-purple shade, last on the second row, was not that pigmented. So I guess, you get a combination of pigmentations from both ends o the spectrum.

These colours are all really wearable and I see myself wearing them a lot! And I think this palette and the next palette (The Eye Edition) have some dupes to the Urban Decay NAKED Palette, which is AWESOME. YAY.

The cream eyeshadows were highly sparkly with very very fine glitters, which is good for contact lens wearers and people with sensitive eyes because the chances of glitters going in your eyes are low. :) I see them as a colour eyeshadow base after applying eyeshadow primer. I also expect them to crease without a primer, SO USE A PRIMER!


Swatches

The Cream Eyeshadows


The Eyeshadow Cakes - in same order as in palette.

My favourite colour here has got to be the bronzey-gold colour on the third row. SO pretty!


The Eye Edition

These colours are more towards the black side. The thing that I am quite irritated by this palette is that some of the lighter shades are REALLY chalky. Also, the shimmery black shade is very prone to fallouts.

The first row reminds me of the elf Brightening Eye Colour palette in Drama and yes, it is almost 95% similar.

Pigmentation-wise, they are similar to the above palette.

The nice change was the darker cream eyeshadows. Especially the brown one! Good for lazy days, when you just want to apply that and then add a swipe of eyeshadow colour and you are good to go!


Swatches

The cream eyeshadows


The Eyeshadow Cakes - order similar to the palette

Favourite colour here should be the taupe brown on the last row.

Each retails for US$5 on elf usa website! :)

I'm glad I got these palettes because of how wearable they are. When I was ordering, I was planning to get the 100 eyeshadow palette, then I realised I won't need pink eyeshadows since I don't really use them. Certainly a good choice! :)

NOW OFF TO MEETING MY GIRLS!

No comments: