Monday, September 13, 2010

competition?

It's not very nice when you send out a mass sms, and the person that you most expect to get a reply did not reply you. Makes you think where you stand in his/her ladder of friendship.

Another thing that I wish to mention is just a pet peeve.

I hate it when people go "oh you are talking about this? I know! You see, blah blah blah blah" and then he/she goes into rampant blabbering about whatever he/she has read in the textbook, etc.

Thanks for the info, but no thanks. If that's an assurance that you know your stuff, then you are not getting it from me. Some people will go "wa you know so many things/you did your readings" or just say wow, but I will just give you my black face, or perhaps if you are lucky, some eyeball rolling as well.

This behaviour is justifiable though when the individual rarely reads or is perceived as a student who doesn't read any reading materials. When valuable information comes out from this person, the situation changes. You are genuinely in awe and you appreciate the fact that the person is trying his/her hardest to catch up with whatever's on hand.

Not many people will say it out loud, but I'm sure this is a pet peeve shared by many others.

It just gives the shut-the-fuck-up vibe.

I have thought of many reasons of why certain people have this irksome behaviour:
  1. They are unsure what they are reading are relevant. And so, when they hear someone else mention a slightest bit, they ramble on in relief.
  2. They are trying to show off. Whoever does this for this reason can fuck off and die.
  3. They are trying to scare the people around them. Perhaps the use of the words "feel threatened" is more appropriate here. By superfluously talking non-stop, they want to threaten those around them that "hey, I have done my readings, have you?", complete with an irritable smirk and that omgawd-slap-your-face glare.
  4. They are just ramblers. These people are forgiven. But I will definitely know if the person is just talking to herself or just talking away with no special meaning behind it. So this reason is kind of defunct.
So ya, when you see me roll my eyes after your excessive yet unnecessary speech, you know i'm referring to you.

No comments: