Monday, June 14, 2010

L'oreal Beauty Sale V1

Today's the day that we gear up for the upcoming battle with vicious tai-tais and smelly cheenapok aunties.

L'oreal Beauty Sale is here once again.

I was very glad that it was held at the Concorde Hotel and not the dreaded Singapore Expo because being held at Expo means facing another group of nemesis - the maids.

The thing that I'm pissed off about is how they were really unprepared for the sale. They promised to open their doors at 10am, but they only did at 10.23am. For someone who hates lateness, that's an eternity and I think mao had to endure 23 minutes of my cursing and swearing.

The other thing is that the staff there are not trained enough! When I asked about certain prices, they needed to ask their friend, who had to ask another friend, who had to ask the supervisor. Like halo, aren't you working and tending to this specific booth? The cashier was no better. He had a paper filled with the prices of all the items but obviously he refused to learn the paper before the sale and he had to refer to them constantly even though the price tags were already plastered on the products. I understand that he's afraid that we would change the price tags etc... but how would you react when the cashier said "I know. I am the cashier." when you just nicely told him that the items were 4 for 20 bucks.

Fuck shit.

Nevermind. I still spent $155. And Huiling is going back tomorrow to get some more stuff for me. Lipsticks mainly because I thought they were the usual red scary ones, but surprisingly they sold really nice nude lipsticks. So that's another 20 bucks down the drain.

Though the sale had sucky staff, and it entirely ruined my shopping experience, I had good news this morning. I was reminding my mom about G11 and she replied "ok. popo buy for you as birthday present. buy in spore" WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH.

So I think I'm going to buy this week, perhaps Friday? =D
Such a joyful day with thorny parts.

As of now, I am in school with HL, HH and WL and we are earning money without doing anything AGAIN because our supervisor is having a meeting with her professor and we have nothing to do. HAHA. Watch videos lar, type blog posts lar, and then getting paid for it.

However, we have to chiong all the coding for Singapore and intercoder's reliability for USA because of all the holidays that we are going to.

Here's my plan:
  • Today: consolidate everything and then check full channel till 8pm. Bring home everything and check the rest (very reluctant to, because have to carry everything home, meaning I have tons to bring back. cuckoobird.)
  • Tuesday: (back-up plan if Monday's plans are foiled) Come to school REALLY early and start checking. MUST FINISH BY TUESDAY
  • Wednesday: come back to do consolidation like sifting out repeat commercials etc.
  • Thursday: intercoder's 9-dvd coding
  • Friday: supervisor not around so I guess this day is OFF (BUY G11!)
  • Saturday: complete intercoder's reliability for USA. =D
Rather nauseous when I look through whatever I just wrote for coding.

Beauty Sale haul will be up tonight. Well I think. HAHA.

No comments: