Friday, May 21, 2010

so many things to rant about

Once again, the night proves to be the only time of the day that the brain is working in an unfathomable way. So many things to rant about, all with sufficient evidences but no actual certification of proof.

Rant number ONE

It's bewildering on how one can be growing up but getting more tardy at the same time. And I don't say solely about others, but also about moi. In university, when the meeting time is stated at 2pm, people will only come at 2.30 - 2.45pm. In the past, I will reach at 1.45pm, and now I will reach at around 2.01 - 2.02pm. Why are we getting more and more late!

Usually I will get really pissed off when people are late, but now I'm not because EVERYONE IS LATE!

Don't really know how to describe this unexplainable phenomenon. Tsk.

Rant number TWO

Have you ever thought that someone is just being nice to you for other purposes?

Lots of times I have met with situations in which people will ignore me at first, and then when they realised that I'm from Indonesia and a Chinese, they became extremely friendly. Like seriously, people are actually still driven by money to be friendly?

For one, I agree that my grandparents are rich. But no, they are not in Singapore and they don't give me a fat monthly allowance.

Also, financial situation in Singapore has gotten from bad to worse, with mom trying to handle her wreck of a job and stepdad looking like a baboon.

So if you still think I'm rich, go to India and cleanse yourself please.

Rant number THREE

I have been gymming like crazy. And the numbers on the scale are on the rise. Food intake has been reduced too. I would like to think of it as muscle weight/ PMS bloatedness, but this is worrying.

Also, I have a problem with water retention once again. I drank 2.5 bottles of water on Tuesday, and I only went to the toilet ONCE. How crazy is that? Then the water all go where? I never cry and my clothes are not soaking wet with sweat ar! ZOMG.

Rant number FOUR

Student researchers are the shit. They are FILTH! I was actually confirmed as a TV coder for a PHD student in my school. And I told her way in the beginning that I have job this whole week and so I cannot attend the briefing. So she was being really understandable and told me that maybe she could train and brief separately from the rest.

So of course I was quite elated because the pay was awesome. So I waited for her call to arrange our meeting.

Then on Tuesday night, she finally called, only to tell me that I'm no longer a TV coder. The reason that she gave me was because I couldn't attend the briefing with the rest and hence I couldn't build a rapport with them. Meaning, I may incur errors lar.

Now this is really irritating. SHE was the one who told me it's alright. SHE was the one who told me that I can meet her individually. SHE SHOULD be the one anticipating the problem and hence tell me beforehand or even better, reject me at the beginning, and not NOW when my hopes are already so high. Damn shitty. PHD student some more. HALO! This kind of problem you should be able to predict from the beginning right? Then you tell me to meet you individually etc for what? knnbccb.

So the moral of the story is I'm not pissed with not getting the job; I'm pissed at how she handled it and how she gave me such high hopes.

Perhaps reality is that harsh, but a person should NEVER give high expectations to someone and then make her fall hard on her butt after. That will do wonders to someone's self-esteem and confidence.





And now, I am going to do some research for FLIPR. (ohya, I have yet to write a post on it. Shall do one when it's ready!)

Seniors' Camp food + drinks may come under 450 bucks if all goes well! Let's hope the phone call tomorrow will be AWESOME!


No comments: