Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mainly MY RED HOUSE Cosmetics Haul

As the dates come nearer and nearer, the fear in me builds up and I realise how screwed up I will end up being if I don't start some extreme knowledge-cramming now. That is why I ran to the storage room and I took out this extremely dusty and old wooden table, and I painstakingly pushed my bed to the other side of the room to make room for the table. The war has finally begun and the last time this table was in my room was in July 2008 when I was as scared as ever for the dreadful A Levels.

I think this table brings me good luck. Sheer luck that made me enrol into WKWSCI. Hence, I am once again going to depend on a little bit of sheer luck to get better results than before. I acquired a GPA of 3.88 in Year 1 Semester 1, which in my opinion is quite mediocre. This semester my targeted GPA is

4.00

May not be very high to most SCI students but I believe in the philosophy of gradual self-improvement. Once you have too high a hope for yourself, you fall even harder when you don't get what you want. On the other hand, when you slowly build up your armour and thus finetune your skills, success will be within reach and sooner or later you will reach it. Acceleration is not what you want in your GPA because when you make a large room of improvement through acceleration, you create ample space for another drastic fall.


Such an opening deserves a round of applause. Or... perhaps an acknowledgement in the comment box? I feel quite mundane when I have no comments in my comment box. But then again, I receive emails from unknown strangers regarding this blog. I suppose I just want opinions from my friends. =)

Hauling has been under strict control until something disastrous happened on 1st April 2010. I shall explain that further down the post.

Firstly, I got myself some toners. I have been using Neutrogena Black-head Control toner and that toner is god-sent. I have an estimated 80% reduction in number of black heads on my nose. Also, the cooling effect was an extra nice touch, especially for those hot mornings in hall.
However, I wanted to try something new. I was contemplating on whether I should get a toner for sensitive skin (although I do not have sensitive skin) and see if it can improve the situation of my chin. My chin area has been really cranky this semester and it has blotches of redness all over, and they are not pimples! Just red all over.

And how timely was it for me to find a seller at sg_beauty selling these two bottles of toner for 4 bucks total. And yes, they are brand new.

I'm using Organic Surge right now and it's doing its job quite well. The moisturiser I use will be absorbed quickly into my skin and my skin will feel dry and smooth after a few minutes. I hate it when I apply my moisturiser and the skin feels sticky even after half an hour of application.

Lavera toner has good reviews from vivawoman. Hence, I'm quite looking forward to using it.


As I said, I was controlling my impulse beauty buys because I admit I have so much makeup that perhaps when I die, some of them will still be untouched/unfinished.

I was on facebook and I saw FacesBySarah post an article on some April Fool's Quest by MY RED HOUSE Cosmetics. However, I was not interested and I skipped the article altogether. Then Lily smsed me and told me about the $1 deals! I cannot help but whip out the ibanking device and click away. Eyeshadows were $22 previously and they sold it for $1?! Too good to miss. So I ended up paying $19, which worked out to be 15 items and $4 handling fee.

The packaging was damn nice. And it was via normal postage. The postman was so nice as to deliver it to my house because it couldn't fit into the mailbox. HAHA. How coincidental was it that I was home on a Friday afternoon and this was delivered? Friday was my good day!


As you can notice, I'm very lucky to only have 3 items Out Of Stock (OOS). Many bloggers in the beauty blogging world were unfortunate enough to only get half or 1/4 of what they purchased.

So they refunded me my $3, meaning I ended up paying $16 only. However, here is the funny part: if 3 items were OOS, that means I will only get 12 items right? But once again due to sheer luck (must be the wooden table again lor, I used it to take these photos!), I received 15 items with 3 items being randomly assigned (too much 208) to me. I have never chosen these 3 items and it was given to me. THIS IS AWESOME MAN!



So this is the 15 products. The 3 random items were 3 of the eyeshadows. My favourite item has got to be the blushes.


Lipsticks in Dolce and Crystal Rose (Limited Edition)


Very smooth and very wearable colours. I sweat I will be able to wear these to school because they are so versatile. The pigmentation is very smooth and unlike the very drying NYX lipsticks, these are really moisturising. I shall try them out on Monday when I go back to school! WOOTS!


Mascara in Ink.

This is a very mediocre mascara. Not much wow-factor. The only good thing about it is that it is a really separating mascara. Hence, for those who are interested in getting this, I suggest you use in conjunction with your other trustable mascaras so that you can get a separating effect on top of your desired effect. For those into volumised lashes, skip this please. Personally, I will use this in conjunction with my Maybelline Cat-Eyes Mascara or my L'oreal Double Extend Tubes.


Blushers in Hush Pink, Natural Beauty, Rose Bud and Adobe. (in exact order)


Swatches (in order similar as above) with flash.

These blushers are my favourites. I do not own quite a lot of matte blushers and these are matte and highly pigmented.

Rose Bud is an extremely pigmented and dark colour. I'm in love with this colour but I suppose wearing it excessively will resemble myself as baboon's buttocks.


Eyeshadows in
Top row: Washed Denim, Suede and Overcast
Bottom row: Lavender Haze, Dark Angel, Blackened Jewel and Sorbet


Swatches without flash (in exact arrangement as above)


Swatches with flash

These eyeshadows are very pigmented, especially Washed Denim and Lavender Haze. I think the formulation of these 2 are different; they are polychromatic shadows while the other 5 are dimensional shadows.

For the polychromatic shadows, their formulation is both metallic and smooth which aids better blending.

For the dimensional shadows, glitters are incorporated into the formulations and somehow I feel that the glitters used are too chunky. The most prominent of being very chunky will be blackened jewel. I tried to swatch it by swiping it with my finger and once I touched the surface of the eyeshadow, I can already feel the glitters scratching my finger. The problem that may appear will be the risk of these glitters going inside the eye, which can be rather painful and for contact lens wearers, there's an additional risk of the glitters scratching your lens.


I was very bimbotic and as I happily snapped away, I forgot the existence of another blush in one corner. =X.

Another blusher in Flirt.


A very barbie pink blusher. Good to use if you want to look naturally flushed. =)


The box that contained all the cosmetics was such an excellent storage box. I transferred all my nail stuff into this box and now the cosmetics cupboard has never looked tidier. All hail the black box!


As said in previous previous PREVIOUS post, I was lemming the new SilkyGirl Mascara and thee was a promotion going on where this mascara was only 9.90! I couldn't get out of the house to grab it (there was a one-week limit for the sale) due to academic commitments and fortunately for me mr savior aka mr tan hong wei helped me purchase it! THANK YOU TAN MAO MAO!


The wand looks promising. I have not given it a try though.

Without flash.


With flash.

Such a heartwarming post right? =)

I shall be a good girl and stop buying stuff AT ALL this week. That will be my promise to myself, no more online shopping for THIS WEEK! However, I'm still waiting for 2 cotton on dresses, which I bought last week, so I guess they won't count if I post it under a haul post next week? =/

I will study and conquer all those bastards who think that my grades are not well-deserving. For those who think that way, I'm just very sorry to say that you are not apt in finding better ways of scoring. Doing everything yourself does not mean you are the REAL GENUINE student. In the real working world, if you don't know how to embark on a certain project, you consult a professional and your project will be smooth-sailing and your boss will be happy. I'm really sorry if I was smart enough to find help and you did not. URGH. WEIRDOS.

Ass-whipped. MUAHAHA.

No comments: