Sunday, January 24, 2010

migraine + bad blood = awake since 4am

It has been a while since I last posted a proper post. School has been fast and furious and the money in the pocket has been escalating downwards at an alarming rate. I am not worried because I have nothing to eat, I am worried because I have no money to shop. Sad to say it, but I have turned into the ultimate shopping addict.

I have been thinking about INSTEP (NTU's global exchange scheme) and I have narrowed my choices down to 3 universities: Hong Kong Baptist University (whose photos are not included in this post), Lugano University in Switzerland and Monterrey Tech in Mexico.

Hong Kong Baptist University sounds like a good idea because it's within Asia so it's relatively cheaper and all, but the standard of living is higher than in Singapore. So I will be living a pauper's life.

I fell in love with Lugano because of what I expect to see there, according to Google images.
I really want to experience a country of little hassle and not be so polluted by the urban atmosphere. I want a relaxing experience because of how busy Singapore is. Look at it! Gorgeous much? I need to start a campaign on Lugano so that my friends will go with me. =)




Monterrey Tech in Mexico caught my attention because it had History of Ancient Mexico offered. I have a love-hate relationship with history. I like to know facts but I hate to be tested on them. So how like that?

It's located in the safest country in South America and Google images are certainly hooking up the appeal. GAH. I need to decide!

Let me know your thoughts! Very very much appreciated. =)


Onto my haul post of the week.

I went to Bugis last weekend with mao, lenny and lohla! They did most of the shopping, kinda surprising. I was on a roll to find clothes for them, so I neglected myself. In the end, Lohla got a chio black top and Levi's jeans, mao got a chio top from the same shop as Lohla and Lenny got some birthday presents for certain February babies.

And I got a pair of boots from Bugis Street. Weeeeeeeeeee.
It was a steal at $15. I went to the same shop previously with Horny hui (whom I shall be calling choong from next post onwards. wahahaha) and it was $20.
So I guess I was lucky?



I love this pair of boots hell lot because it's so comfortable and still have an edgy feel due to the studs. Definitely going to bring this to hall tonight! YUM!


I also went to THE MEGA FLEA MARKET at Singapore Expo Hall 6 with Chay, Wang, Song and Quek. All NTU students were invited because I think the organiser was an NTU grad or something. They also had a shuttle bus service from NTU to Expo. However, Chay drove us to the location because she lived in the east (where exactly? Bedok? Can't remember) and she had her limegreen cute car with her that day (Friday). And so we had fun trying to distract her and risking our dear lives.

The flea market was mega fail though. Why so?
  • They opened at 10am. When we reach there at 2pm, only 1/3 of the tenants were ready to do some selling. That means if we reached early, we have nothing to feast our eyes on?
  • It's a flea market. But they were selling BRAND NEW stuff from blogshops. HALO! What's the point of a flea market if you sell new stuff? Prices soar up to 30 bucks in a flea market and the apparels are not even branded. Seriously chao navi..
  • It occupied 1/3 of the Expo hall. So if you do your math from point 1, we actually only had 1/9th of the hall to see see look look. What is this.
I did get something though. Chay was eyeing this pair of flats from newlook and she contemplated for the longest time ever on whether or not to get it. After she decided not to, I asked her, "really don't want ar?" and I TOOK IT! HAHAHA. We wear roughly the same size so YAY TO ME!

It was 10 bucks. I think it now still retails for 26.90 at newlook.
and yes, it's back to my love for florals. =)



The BLUE EYES Pop Beauty finally arrived on the mail. And here is my most sincere review on it.

The packaging is as lovely as always. Anything shiny and has loud colours attracts my attention, and so nothing can go wrong with emerald shiny leather and light blue gems. =)


When I first opened it, I realised this trick that PopBeauty uses to lure the customers to buy the palettes. Their colours are always so much more bright in the listed picture on site and at the back of the packaging where they described the colours. Hence, I was a little disappointed by these muted colours.

The brush is amazing though. No qualms about the brush at all. It's now officially my highlight brush. yippyyayyay.


Swatches.

My favourite colours are the bright purple/blue on the most left hand side and the pink in the middle. The bright purple shows up much nicer on the lid because the blue glitters will reflect the light and the colour seems much more perkier (a weird word to use, but you get me..). The pink is an unexpected choice of colour because usually I stay away from pinks as they make my lids look puffy and swollen. But this pink is so pretttttttttttttttyyyyy. It's matte and it makes my eyes look super refreshing, especially when I applied it to the first quarter of the lids. I am a happy girl.

They included a lot of highlight colours too, which matches my skin tone. Love.

I used this palette 4 times last week, which is a big deal because I always end up going back to the 88 palette.


I was on CozyCot and I had a lot of reward points due to the number of reviews I contributed to the site, and so I changed them for some samples! =)

The girl was so nice. She gave me more samples than I clicked for. Plus, she included a tiny laptop sleeve and and a shu uemura ring file. All are stored safely in hall. Definitely going to do more reviews and take more samples. ultimate yayness.


Life in hall has been pleasant this week, and all because of the aircon. We are all slaves of technology. Jo and I promised ourselves that we would only use the aircon when we feel hot. Nope. We switched it on EVERYTIME we are in the room. Money wasting but oh so sinful and nice.

What happened yesterday was a shame. However, I still stand by my maxim that friends are meant to be reassuring each other and no matter how short/long a friendship is, it should be taken very much seriously. Guys are supposed to have balls. but how come suddenly some have no balls? Filth.

Need to go back hall again lor. chao navi.
STIL GOT HOMEWORK! chao chao chao navi.

No comments: