Thursday, October 1, 2009

sorry for the absence.

I was sleeping and studying the whole day, well mostly sleeping, so I had to sacrifice the productive blog posts and entertain my readers with videos and more videos. 

This recess week has been a complete torture so far, with few breaths of ecstasy when I'm out having fun. Even then, somewhere at the back of head, there will be a continuous echo telling me to screw myself and get home for the assignments.

It was so bad until I had a mental breakdown. For the first time in my life I was questioning the path that I have chosen for myself. For the first time in my life I contemplated the idea of death. It was that bad. I cried myself to slumber, and I woke up with a horrible pair of panda eyes. I vow never to cry to sleep again. 

I sobered up this morning and I started doing my assignments at my own pace and without stressing myself too much. That worked. I am on my third assignment now. Another reason for elation will be that tomorrow there will be no choir practice! One more day for assignments. Should I go back to hall? 

Let's go back to more light-hearted subjects. =)
I really want this mascara. YAY! 

I didn't know being a Watsons' member means getting free GLOW magazines. I have yet to start reading, but the $5 off voucher given already made me happy. I need to go Watsons soon! 

I said in one of my previous post that I would be reviewing some masks. I have applied masks religiously for the past 4 nights to try out new stuff and to regenerate my sadly-ignored skin.

These reviews are in order of merit, with my favourite coming up first!

ETUDE HOUSE O2 White Mask Sheet
Given to me by Stufu for my birthday.

THIS IS AMAZING STUFF! I THINK IT'S MY HOLY GRAIL MASK NOW!

Reasons why I like it so much:
  1. When you take out the mask from the packet, it is not dripping with the essence. I hate it when I open one, and then liquid will drip all over. MESSY!
  2. The fragrance is very subtle. Not those over-powering ones that make you dizzy.
  3. It sticks very easily to the skin. I was standing around for a whole 10 minutes, and it didn't slide off my face. LOVE!
  4. You know how sometimes masks are designed more for people with broader faces and hence when you try to layer excess sheet, bubbles will form, and then you have to painstakingly press them down every now and then? This sticks like mud musk. I am so impressed. It took me less than 30 seconds to put it on. =)
  5. I didn't research on the promises that this mask has. I took it down after 40 minutes and my skin tone was even. Before applying, I had patches of red here and there because I didn't take good care of my skin during term time. After applying, my skin was all the same colour. Even blemishes look less prominent. WOW.
Reason why I am NAY-ing it:
  1. It's not sold in ETUDE HOUSE! It's more of a freebie if you purchase stuff. PEOPLE, PLEASE TELL ME WHERE TO GET THIS!!!

Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Skin-clarifying Mud Mask
S$2.95 from Watsons, bought it because buying it entitles 20 additional points. LOL.

PROS:
  1. The smell is to die for. Subtle yet very therapeutic.
  2. The mud is PINK! lol. what a reason right? =/
  3. It works really well especially if you have enlarged pores. However, one application a week is not enough. 3 times a week will be good enough to see optimal results. 
CONS:
  1. It tingles so bad. I accidentally applied some to my lips and I was lazy to take it off. After 5 minutes my whole face was burning and my lips feel as if I applied a lip-plumper. On the bright side, you know it's working right? 

Wo De Mei Li Re Ji Strawberry Yoghurt Mask
Given to me by Lily!! 

The only thing I liked was its smell. Much nicer than the chemical Laneige Strawberry Yoghurt Peeling Mask. This smells as if it can be eaten. But only the smell was nice. The rest was BLAH! Dripping (NO), slides off skin (NO NO), when I lie down, liquid flowed to my neck (NO NO NO NO!!!).

Wo De Mei Li Re Ji Pearl Powder Mask
Given to me by Lily also!

Nothing good. Horrible smell as well. URGH. Will never use this ever again. Thank goodness I had only one. 

My BB cream package came in the mail today! =)
These 4 tubes for 10 bucks. CHEAP! The seller was so nice, she included a freebie as well! 

Reviews for them will come, sooner or later. HAHAHAHAHA.

Clothing haul:

I am so lazy to take photos, so here goes:
  1. A topshop tanktop for 2 bucks on Ebay (brand new with tag)
  2. Cotton On bandage leather skirt for 12.50
  3. Cotton On printed shirt for 5 bucks
  4. Forever 21 Faded T-Shirt Dress for 10 bucks on SGFLEA.
  5. 2 blazers for 6 bucks from Ebay
  6. and maybe more to come. LOL. I don't really remember. =/
Back to studying. =)

No comments: