Monday, July 20, 2009

anger management issues

Before I address my take on anger management, I would like to post this photo here.
I received an email a few days ago asking me whether I photoshop or edit my photos in any ways. The answer is yes and no. I only photoshop a photo whenever it has sentimental values i.e. a gathering with someone I missed, or when I don't really like the lighting of the photo.
I do not cover up facial flaws using photoshop, I do that using makeup. The photo up there has no editing whatsoever. It just so happens that at 2pm everyday, the lighting from my window is excellent for self-shots. And, sometimes it's just the correct angles at the correct time. haha. =)

This was what I wore to Ruiping's birthday celebration and HBP. I rediscovered my leopard blazer in a huge way. =)

I simply love the combination! =)

I'm now done with the light-hearted issues. Moving on to the always-fashionable topic of anger management.

The reason why I am embarking on such an issue is because I have just witnessed how anger can change and hurt an individual.

As you all already know, the man we all know is not the most friendly guy you will know. And yes, he has just stepped up a notch in his quest of becoming the worst man I have ever seen in my life.
My mom of course will always be the victim. Sad for her. Sad for me too, cause I can't do anything as she chose to stick with it.

Whenever he has a problem, he will go crazy. Door slamming, voice at the top of his lung, face so scrunched up it looked like a used table towel. Then, my dear mom, as foolish as she almost always is, will choose that exact timing to ask him a question regarding groceries, laundry or just anything simple. And then he will bark like crazy. It's just like a bomb. And my mom is the one who always drops it.

I think my mom has extreme optimism almost to the extent of extreme foolishness.

But hey, it's not about my mom.

Being angry is one thing, being angry and making people around you hurt is another.
For me, his outrages are common. Much like waking up and then eating breakfast. It's that common. I have been the object of his utter cuckoo-ness for a while. As soon as I turn 17, he realised I could no longer be a punching bag. I knew how to retaliate and I won every single round. Therefore, he turned to my mother.

She cries a lot. I just don't let her know of my knowledge. I can only look from afar and do nothing. That hurts me a lot.

So...
For people with anger management issues, please do get help while you can now. It's easy to deny your problem. It's easy to let the anger out on someone. But when your anger has led to someone's despair and depression, it's no longer as easy.

If you have some problems now, and you accidentally take it out on your best friends, an apology will be suffice. However, if you do that umpteen times, no longer will your best friend be there for you. Waking up from a nightmare is easy, waking up from reality is not. I understand that sometimes, life's just too hard to understand. Still, you should not forget who are the people who care.
Being bitter is okay for a while, but don't be bitter for too long. I used to think my friend was a person with his values in the correct direction, however after that incident, he has evolved into someone completely different.
Ending the friendship was heartbreaking. Him still not realising his mistake is even more heartbreaking. I still tear up when I really think deep into the matter. No matter what we were very good friends for a long time. The three musketeers are now really gone. And his challenge is now a thing of the past. "see who will lose out more" is not a sentence easily taken in by someone as quick-tempered as me. His words have scarred the friendship.
It's not about his nice house, his rich parents or whatever else. I treasure the friendship more than those. I guess he doesn't know me well enough to see that I'm beyond such shallow wants.
Oh well. let it be.

Ya, it's two different matters altogether.

But still, please do not let you anger break your life. It's not worth it.

Anger is not something I would like to be associated with, that is why I have been trying my very best to halt the emoing sessions and all. I have tried my very best to be cheerful about everything and to look at the positive light of things.
I'm glad I tried.
I don't want to hurt anyone dear to me.

To man: fuck off and get a life
To boy: friendship is more than money. I hope you know that I treasure these words.

No comments: