Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Eat more, gym more

I have a couple of thoughts that I feel I should just add into this blogpost. Nothing to do with food, but maybe after reading my long-winded paragaphs, the food photos will make you feel better. 

So, yesterday I had a wonderful dinner with two of my closest guy friends (10 years plus of nonsense already oh my gosh!) and we talked about many things, but more so about the romantic relationships that we all have currently. 

The three of us have really different situations. One couple barely argues, one couple argues a lot but gets over the argument quickly (kengyang and I) and one couple recently argues a lot but there seems to be no resolution to the arguments. 

Two of us were trying to help another analyse the toxic arguments that he had with his girlfriend and we came to a conclusion that insecurity and lack of expressiveness were the main culprits. And as a person who has somewhat overcome insecurity, I truly understand why the girlfriend was being difficult. 

Personally, I have treated Kengyang very vilely before as well, and my behaviour was completely unacceptable - I would be really mad at him, but I would not tell him why I was mad. I was hoping he could guess his way through. Being insecure also meant that I was extra sensitive to whatever he did or said. I would also manipulate his words. For example, he would say things like, "wah your dress today very nice!", and I should be happy right?? But no, instead I snapped at him and said, "so yesterday my outfit not nice lah??"

Now that I think about it, I was a complete tyrant. Props to kengyang for sticking with me. I noticed more and more of my friends started to keep their distance and in the midst of confusion and hatred, I realised I have to change myself and stop declaring my insecurity to the entire world. 

So, that was also when I started to tell Kengyang things that made me unhappy, and I guess that improved our relationship a lot. We still argued about the silliest things, but we also stopped the argument as quickly as it had started. 

It took me a couple of years to stop being such a bitch to my boyfriend, but I'm glad he waited, and I'm glad I made the decision to throw away my ego and change myself. 

So, I told my friend to give her another chance. Try to make it work again and give her some time to realise her errors. And my friend truly loved his girlfriend and he agreed that he should give it another shot. But of course, he shouldn't let his love blind his rationality. If at the end of the day, things really cannot work out, then it will be best to end the relationship. 

It's not easy to have a completely trusting and tension-free relationship. But if both parties decide together to fix the problems, I don't think it's that difficult to achieve. It takes two hands to clap right? 

Ok, food photos time. :D 















FYR Cycene Ond Drinc

19 Boon Tat St, Singapore 069619


Some Tze Char stall at Bukit Timah Market & Food Centre
116 Upper Bukit Timah Rd, Singapore 588172



Hanare Japanese Cafe (food is always great, I've been here 4 times and always delicious!)
99 Tanjong Pagar Rd, Singapore 088520


Watami Japanese Casual Restaurant
2 Orchard Turn, #B3-23 ION Orchard, Singapore 238801


Park Bench Deli
179 Telok Ayer St, Singapore 068627

The reason why I didn't take a photo of the actual sandwich is because it was incredibly greasy. But I'll still give this deli another try next time. Maybe get the meat subs?


Ri Ri Hong Mala Siang Guo Hotpot
32 New Market Road 
#01-1042/1052 People’s Park Food Centre
Singapore 050032

Freaking delicious bowl of capalang.


Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao (Holland Village)
241/241A Holland Ave, Singapore 278975





PS.Cafe at Ann Siang Hill Park
45 Ann Siang Rd, #02-02 Ann Siang Hill Park, Singapore 069719



Kim Dae Mun
100 Orchard Road, Concorde Hotel and Shopping Centre
02-17/18, Singapore 238840

If you haven't noticed, I love eating! 

People gym to lose weight, I gym to maintain my weight. :P 

No comments: