Thursday, July 23, 2015

Thrilled about the long weekend

Last weekend was simply great. 

Spent two days with precious friends and one day for my bed and I. 

Friday was steamboat at Eve's and actually we spent more time talking and trying to figure out what movie to watch than eating. 


On Saturday, I just slept the entire day away while occasionally switching on the laptop to watch more Game Of Thrones. I'm now at Season 3 Episode 3 and I can't wait to devour the entire season because Huiling, Ronald and Jeremy all said that I NEED to watch till the end of Season 3. Apparently, there's a shocker plot twist (which I have already Googled so....). 

And yes, I'm very slow. Game of Thrones already has 5 seasons out (and preparing for the next) and I just started watching. What to do? I have way too many things to watch! 

Also, I have never watched F.R.I.E.N.D.S. That's how bad I am with American TV series. The last one that I really liked was Breaking Bad, but even for that I only watched Season 1. I'm more of a cable horror/cooking reality kind of person. Oh well~

Anyway, on Sunday, #FKLRsgfoodtrail headed out to Haji Lane for another round of gluttony. 

I loved Maison Ikkoku and suggested that for our first stop. However, it seems like their food is not as nice as before? My 3-egg omelette was divine but the Break of Dawn (or their huge breakfast platter) was irritatingly underwhelming. Irritating because it was the most expensive breakfast item on the menu at $22. 

Tom Yum Pasta - subtle Tom Yum flavour + huge fresh prawns. Great dish!

Break of Dawn - underwhelming and disappointing. The only redeeming factor is the bread. Scrambled egg was tasteless (I can make better scrambled egg) , potato salad was cold, tasteless and sad, and the grilled mushrooms were really cold. Why like that leh?? I love your food last time leh!

Luckily, my Hangover Omelette was still as awesome as it used to be. 

We also ordered Truffle Fries because we were craving them. 


Maison Ikkoku
20 Kandahar Street 
Singapore 198885

We then proceeded to I Am... for desert! The rainbow cake was TO DIE FOR. So moist and so dense and so satisfying. We also ordered a slice of red velvet cake but that was the complete opposite in terms of satisfactory level - the red velvet was incredibly dry and after a few mouthfuls, I found it unpalatable. It's a good thing I forgot to take a photo of the red velvet then. 

Each slice of cake is S$8.90. Super cheap for the crazy huge slice. 7 layers of cake leh! SEVEN! Some places sell 3-layer slices for S$6+ each! 


The nutella chocolate was too sinful, but too gooooood! :P
I am...
 674 North Bridge Road
Singapore 199486

We then ended up at East Coast Park and played Charades (LOL). After a couple of hours of nua-ing, we made the crazy decision to have steamboat for dinner. Yes, after all that food, we still wanted steamboat for dinner. Our tummies super li hai. 

So yay, Crystal Jade steamboat! :D


Photos from #FLKRsgfoodtrail :D I cringe at this hashtag but I cherish my friends too much to complain more. :) 







Also, I have decided to change my hairstyle today. Hoping for the best that all goes well and I have nice hair after stepping out of the salon. Please pray for me!!! *fingers crossed*

No comments: