Friday, February 20, 2015

Valentine's at Sin Lee Foods

Valentine's Day this year was a quiet affair. So many young couples with sibeh dua (english: damn huge) heart-shaped balloons and extravagant bouquets of exotic flowers, but aiyah I like neither so I requested that I have none of the two from Kengyang. We planned to have a good lunch and spend quality time together and that's about it. Of course, he did give me gifts in the end lah (he bought me potent liang teh from Malaysia cause I always damn heaty and falling sick, plus a Kinder egg HAHA). 

I made a reservation at Sin Lee Foods via Chope way way way ahead of Valentine's Day because I thought confirm crowded one right? It's Valentine's Day plus this Sin Lee Foods ah, super popular on Instagram one. #sinleefoods and you get (currently) 1209 posts. Some more if you click on the location "Sin Lee Foods", you get many many many more photos. 

But hor, lunch time like not a lot of people. I overestimated the power of Instagram, especially for lunch time. When we left the restaurant (almost 230pm), we saw the queue outside. Lucky reserved for 130pm :D 

Beef and Grains - this was delightful. I love it more than Kengyang because he didn't like the grains used. This dish has that pleasant Japanese umami taste and the beef was grilled to perfection. 

Kengyang opted for the Fried Chicken and Waffles and he loved how moist and tender the chicken was despite its crispy exterior. I don't really fancy the given syrup but still a great dish.

Ah, this was the dish that appealed to Kengyang's tastebuds but not so much to mine. The Salted Egg Sweet Potato Fries was a unique dish and the addition of fried curry leaves added more depth to the simple sweet potato fries. But, I don't really like salted egg with anything. So, I just ate the fries with no salted egg drizzled on it. :P 


So that was the end of our Valentine's Day! No need for fancy balloons and flowers because aiyah to be really honest, I much prefer good food. Got balloons and flowers very ego-boosting lah, but very inconvenient for us and for other people leh. Later we take MRT/bus how? Later kenna stomped how?? Don't want!

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." 
- Virginia Woolf

No comments: