Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Cosmopolitan Hotel, Hong Kong

For my extremely swift 3D2N work trip in Hong Kong, my colleague and I stayed in Cosmopolitan Hotel, which is located in the Wan Chai area. 

It's certainly an above average hotel with quite exquisite pre-stay service. After you make your reservation, the hotel will send you an email on the weather conditions during your stay and some suggestions on how you can make your Hong Kong trip more fruitful. Direction from the airport to the hotel was also given and they even provided us with the choice of using a hotel shuttle bus from the airport. 

My colleague and I used the airport express to Hong Kong station (24 minutes only!) and we took a taxi to the hotel. On the way back to the airport, we took the hotel shuttle bus to Hong Kong station and took the airport express again. 

The hotel room itself was magnificent. Both our rooms got upgraded and we had the breathtaking city view. Before checking-in, it's worth asking for either a "city-view" room or a "racecourse-view" room, because if you're unfortunate (or fortunate if you like those kinds of things), you will get assigned a room facing the cemetery. Don't get me wrong, the cemetery itself is majestic and if you have no problem with the superstitious stuff, then all's good for you! However, I'm a coward (excessive horror movie intake) and I was very relieved when we had the city-view rooms. 

It was a very comfortable 2 nights and the wifi is really fast!! :D That's the most important factor right? 

Photos!!

This was outside every room. It's a hotel located opposite the Happy Valley Racecourse so this decor is very appropriate.

The huge king-size bed!

I'm too short to be able to each the other end of the bed diagonally.

The view outside my room!

Morning view.


Cosmopolitan Hotel
 387-397 Queen's Road East
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Tel : +852 3552 1111
Email : generalmanager@cosmopolitanhotel.com.hk

No comments: