Saturday, June 21, 2014

Quick Review: Annie's Way Aloe Moisturizing Jelly Mask

My previous post on the Annie's Way Aloe Moisturizing Jelly Mask had excellent response, so I feel the need to get back to my readers on how I feel the product has worked on my skin. 

I bought mine from Taobao (here's the link!) and I saved a lot of money by doing that. This mask is available online locally, but it's S$27 per tub. I bought mine for RMB50 (~slightly more than S$10 a tub), so even with shipping charges, I'm paying much less. Taobao is truly heaven. 

I wanted to get one Aloe Moisturizing Jelly Mask and one Arbutin + Hyaluronic Acid Brightening Jelly Mask, but the latter was sold out, so I got two Aloe instead, which was a blessing in disguise because I use up one container more quickly that I expected. 

Each tub contains 250ml of product. It seems like a lot of product, but trust me, you will use it all up within 10-12 uses or so because for each usage, you have to use a lot of product! You cannot be stingy with this. 






The seller forgot to include the spatula and I didn't want to use my fingers to get the product (bacteria alert!!) so I came up with a genius plan - I used an IKEA children spoon. It's made of plastic and I can scoop out a lot of product. Furthermore, when I'm done with the 30 minutes of masking, I can use the handle to scrape the product off. GENIUS RIGHT?! 


How to use the product:
You need to cleanse and tone your face before applying this mask. Then, use a spatula (or a spoon) to scoop out enough product to apply a 0.3cm-0.5cm layer of product on your entire face, avoiding the eyes and lip area. 30 minutes after application, you remove the product by scraping it off with the spatula (or spoon) in a outer-to-inner direction (I always use my nose as the final scraping point lol). After that, you can use water to remove the remainder product. If you have more time on your plate, follow up with a sheet mask!

My thoughts about the Annie's Way Aloe Moisturizing Jelly Mask:
To be frank, I'm undecided whether I love it or whether I hate it. The first time I applied it, I loved it so much. My pimples dried up immediately the next day and my skin felt so smooth for a couple of days after that first application. After that, I just don't feel like the mask worked anymore! My skin still feels smooth after a usage, but that's about it! I'm currently about to finish my first tub and I decided to reserve this mask for days when I'm feeling really lethargic and stressed out at work. It's like putting aloe on sun-burnt areas.

I don't know why it didn't work that well for me. I applied it twice a week religiously and I really didn't see any noticeable changes. Even when I had new pimples, they didn't dry up as fast as that first application. The good thing is I actually enjoy it when I have the Annie's Way Aloe Moisturizing Jelly Mask on my face. No breakouts, no allergic reactions, but also not much beneficial effects. Maybe it's regulating my skin slowly from the inside, but aiyah I cannot see lah.

I still have one more tub to go. Definitely won't be relying on this for acne treatment. It's a good mask to have for those crazy days at work though.

Will I purchase it again? Not really. I feel that there are some sheet masks that do the same thing. Once I finish both tubs, I will go back to using sheet masks regularly. Guys, I'm super bumped that this didn't work better on me :((

Anyone else using this product? What are your thoughts on it? 

Have a great Saturday! 

4 comments:

lily said...

hello fifi, lily here. i'm gg taiwan in end of july. should i buy the mask? and u also got the blue container mask right? is it good? =D

Fitrina Lim said...

HALO LILY!!

The mask did nothing fantastic for me lah, luckily I got it for much cheaper on Taobao. But you can give it a try since you'll be in Taiwan anyway! It's shiok, but that's it haha. Good for stressful days!

I didn't get the blue one in the end because the seller ran out. So I opted for two green ones instead! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I think you've bought fake Annie Way's jelly mask. When you open the product, there should be a clear plastic cover instead of a foil.

Fitrina Lim said...

Hi, Thanks for reading my blog! :)

Oh dear, maybe that's why this didn't work as well on me. Thanks for the important tip to differentiate the real from the fake!

Maybe I'll give the real one another go!