Thursday, May 15, 2014

Shanghai 2014 Highlights

Time really passes very quickly when you're travelling. It's now back to reality and my next travelling affair will be in August - Kengyang and I are going to Hong Kong to celebrate our three years together. 

Did I enjoy Shanghai? Not entirely, but it wasn't a foul experience. The weather was amazing and the food was exquisite (my Indonesian tongue loved the heavily seasoned dishes). Traffic was a nightmare and one of the key component of passing a driving test there was probably whether you could horn as many times as possible in one sitting. The people were generally nice, but one asshole tried to snatch my bag away. Fortunately, I gave his butt a good kick and he dropped my bag and ran off with his seemingly empty luggage. The night view at The Bund was AMAZING. I'm a huge huge HUGE lover of breathtaking night views and Shanghai's definitely can rival Hong Kong's. 

We also went to Hangzhou and I didn't like that place as much. Let's just say that I had a massive culture shock. However, I can't really complain much because that's how they live and survive over there - so... okay lor. 

Ok, no more words. Photos! 










Doing our nails outside of Hai Di Lao! Free service from the restaurant! :D



















It has been a good 5 days simply because I got to see Kengyang. Now, the waiting game starts again! He'll be back in mid-July!

Have a great day guys! :) 

No comments: