Thursday, December 19, 2013

Taiwan tour with Chan Brothers (On a hiatus: 20-26 December)

Happy holidays y'all!! :D 

I'll be away to Taiwan from 20-26 December 2013. Thanks to Kengyang's parents for this trip! :) 

(Source: X)
Anyway, we'll going on a tour with Chan Brothers - 7D6N All Taiwan (TW7ATG).

Here's a summary of the proposed itinerary.

Day 1:
Sun Moon Lake, Wenwu Temple, Lingzhi Specialty Centre

Day 2:
Xitou Forest Recreational Area (Bamboo Cottage, University Pond, Meng Zhong Bamboo Forest), Monster Village, Ten Drum Cultural Village, Tainan Garden Night Market

Day 3:
Bullet train to Kaohsiung, Love River, Shinkuchan Shopping District, Pearl Culture Centre
Travel to Taitung - stay in hot spring hotel with personal hot spring facility in room

Day 4:
Scenic drive to Hualien, Ikegami Rice Packs Museum, Taroko Gorge (Swallow Caves, Nine Turn Grotto, Changchun Shrine)

Day 5:
Scenic train ride to Yilan, Yilan National Centre for Traditional Arts, Pingxi - lighting up and releasing Heavenly lanterns, Chiufen, Hsueshan Tunnel to Taipei City, Taipei 101, Shihlin Night Market

Day 6:
National Palace Museum, Pi Xiu Lucky Charm Centre, Taiwan Traditional Tea Specialty, Ximenting, Tamshui Old Street

Day 7:
Bonus trip to Wulai

Itinerary looks damn packed and chiong, but I'm excited! My first time in Taiwan!

This reminds me of end of December 2012. I think every year they have this floating balls event thing at Esplanade in which you write your wishes on the huge white ball? (Not so sure if it's yearly or just a 2012 event) I wrote three wishes - I wanted a GPA of 5.0 for that semester, I wanted an A+ for FYP and I wanted to travel to Japan and Taiwan. It's freaky because ALL THREE CAME TRUE?!

#1 - I only took COM402 and COM433 that semester. I got A for both modules. So yes GPA 5.0 fulfilled.
#2 - We did get A+ for FYP. Another wish fulfilled.
#3 - I went to Japan in May 2013, and now I'm going to Taiwan before the year ends? OMG THESE BALL BALL THINGIES ARE MAGICAL.

So yes, if you spot them at Esplanade, GO AND WRITE YOUR WISHES. :D

OK Have a good Christmas guys! I'll be back on the 27th and I'll have LOTS of reviews coming up for January 2014! Experimenting with LORAC Pro Palette and it is AMAZING. Easily my favourite palette to date (sorry UD Naked).


No comments: