Thursday, September 12, 2013

Review: Etude House Correct & Care CC Cream in #01 Silky

Out with BB, in with CC!! 

It's both ingenious and questionable how cosmetic brands are constantly coming up with these acronyms. BB Creams, or Blemish Balm Creams, exploded into the beauty world and every brand jumped on the bandwagon. Now we have CC Creams! Different cosmetic brands have different meanings to the acronym "CC", some define it as Colour Control, some as Complete Correction, and in this case, Correct & Care. 

I didn't have much luck with BB creams, to be honest. I only found two that I really liked - the Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB and the Hada Labo BB Moist Emulsion. Other BB creams either broke me out (the nightmares!!!!!) or did nothing substantial to my skin. 

The CC cream is supposedly similar to a BB cream in terms of how it aims to be both a cosmetic product and a skincare product. The difference is how a CC cream focuses more on correcting skin's redness or shallowness. Basically, a CC cream aims to make your skintone as even as possible without compromising on the skincare benefits and the beautifying properties. Those looking for medium to heavy coverage should take note that a CC cream applies lighter than a BB cream, hence it's more suitable for those who want to correct their skintone without heavy coverage. Of course, you can always use it under your liquid foundation for an extra colour correcting lift. 

The Etude House Correct & Care CC Cream comes in two variations - #01 Silky and #02 Glow
  • #01 Silky - it's more suitable for those with combination to oily skin because it's more mattifying. It also applies more velvety (or silky if you want to go with the name) and dries quite quickly. 
  • #02 Glow - it's great for dry to normal skin and for those who want the ever-popular dewy-looking finish. After you apply it, it stays relatively shiny at high-point areas like the upper cheekbones and the tip of your nose, hence giving the user the dewy-look. Definitely NOT recommended for those with oily skin. 
I bought it online on Qoo10 (magical website for Korean cosmetics) and it was only S$9.80 (plus shipping) when I bought it. It's now S$15 with free non-registered mail, which is still significantly cheaper than those sold in the local Etude House stores. You can get it here: http://list.qoo10.sg/item/ETUDE-HOUSE-NEW-CC-CORRECTCARE-CREAM-SPF30/409926751?selectedOptions= 




So many benefits in one product! Can protect you against the sun, anti-aging, can relief stress (?? but yay), hydrating, whitening, can tone up, can have luminosity (reminds me of harry potter lol) and can have smooth texture. OKAY LET'S SLATHER THIS ON MY SKIN.



I was pretty intrigued by how the Etude House Correct & Care CC Cream claims to give a "healthier complexion, inside and outside". Quite remarkable if they can do that well. Imagine if you remove all your makeup and you still look somewhat decent. At this point of time, I can safely say that I look like a train wreck when I remove my makeup. So, please CC Cream, do miracles to my skin!!


Ingredients List


Product packaging: I LOVE how Etude House packages this product. Thank God they didn't go all pink or all purple or all that horror. Just white with fancy fonts and a little bit of purple. Professional-looking with a touch of their brand's signature style. Also, how genius is the pump? It's so much easier to control the amount of product that you are going to use! Personally, I want all my liquid cosmetic products to be equipped with a dispensing pump, but some brands just don't get it and can't be bothered! Thank you Etude House!


Pigmentation: No pigmentation to talk about here because the Etude House Correct & Care CC Cream is a white liquid when you first pumped it out. Scary, I know, but this is the beginning of a fun journey~

As you blend it out, it gradually turns into your skin colour (or some colour near your skin colour lah). So fun right!

SCARY WHITE

Okay, we are going somewhere with this...

Blending completed and we have a nice match in terms of skintone huh? Great job Etude House!
Application: At first, the Etude House Correct & Care CC Cream was giving me anxiety attacks. I was initially looking like I was preparing myself for Halloween Horror as a ghost or something. I calmed myself down and just kept blending away and the product gradually matched my skin colour. It applies very smoothly and it dries really quickly, which means no more sticky after-application feeling!

Coverage: It has a light to medium coverage. If you have slight blemishes here and there, maybe one or two layers of this will be enough. A ripe pimple or a really bad eye area situation cannot be salvaged with the Etude House Correct & Care CC Cream. You need a good concealer or a liquid foundation to apply on top of this if you want maximum coverage.

Here's a before and after comparison! I really like how it brightens up the skin while evening out the skintone!



Longevity: It lasted quite a long period of time, but that's with loose powder/mattifying powder brushed on my face after CC cream application. It also helped that I was spending most of my time in an air-conditioned room. I tried the "shopping-trip" test and nope it didn't last more than 4 hours. I had to re-apply my powder to get rid of the shininess. The great thing was even though I looked oily, the product didn't budge or slide. I just looked shiny and not slimy, which is great!

Anyway, a "shopping-trip" test is when I apply a product and test it out while I'm out shopping. Why shopping? Because when you shop in Singapore, you are constantly going in and out of air-conditioned buildings and constantly being in and out of sunny weather, hence you can really test out a product's longevity!

Some photos of me with the Etude House Correct & Care CC Cream on. No close-ups because I'm dumb and forgot about close-up photos, but I really like how my skin is showing up in these photos. My skin is not in a good condition right now okay (damn you hormonal acne!!) so these photos are miraculously awesome. I LOVE YOU Etude House Correct & Care CC Cream!!



Will I buy it again? Definitely! However, I have a feeling that more and more brands will churn out CC creams. So if all CC creams are of Etude House Correct & Care CC Cream's standard or even better, then I'd like to try them out too! But yes, at the moment this product ROCKS! Did I mention that it didn't break me out? No, I don't think I did. So yes, it didn't break me out!! Hooray.

Hope this post is useful! :) Have a great week ahead my lovely readers!! :)

No comments: