Monday, July 8, 2013

VISUALS (Highlight: Spotted Gordon Ramsay at Maxwell!!! YAY!!)

Crazy how fast the weeks are passing when you're working! I'm now into my fifth week working at this company and so far everything's amazing!
 
Last week has been really exciting. Especially that moment when I met Gordon Ramsay at Maxwell Food Centre. Coincidence level 20000000! :D
 
Anyway, here's a visual shoe dictionary for a light-hearted form of education. :)
 

I heard so many good things about the Etude House AC Clinic Intense line and decided to purchase the essential items. After a week, my skin feels SO MUCH better and makeup applies more evenly. I'm very impressed. A review post on these babies is in the works!


Outfit for last Friday. I saw this particular dress selling everywhere online (Editor's Market also!) and it retails between S$25-S$40. CRAZY because I got it for S$9 from taobao. muahahaha.

The only bad thing about this dress is that it's so lightweight and flowy that a slight wind in the wrong direction will send the dress floating upwards. YIKES. Luckily I wore my mega high denier leggings, if not I would have shown the entire world everything, and that's not very nice for those poor people.


SEE HOW CLOSE I WAS TO GORDON RAMSAY? OMG FAN GIRL MOMENT!!! I wasn't even anticipating his arrival when I went to Maxwell!

I had a lunch date with gohchaychay and we decided to meet at Maxwell Food Centre. As I was walking towards the Food Centre, I saw this HUGE crowd gathering at the bubble tea stall, so in my mind I thought, wah confirm got celebrity!! And then a black van stopped in front of me and GORDON RAMSAY CAME OUT OF THE VAN OMG. I was so excited, I momentarily forgot about my perilously upward-floating dress and just snapped away. YAY GORDON RAMSAY! :)

He was at Maxwell to learn the tips and tricks in making a beautiful plate of Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice.

A slight diversion - I thought it was rather unfair for Ramsay during Hawker Heroes because it wasn't a blind taste test! It's a competition between Singaporean hawkers (Jumbo not hawker hor) and an angmoh chef, voted by mostly Singaporeans or Singapore residents. Confirm unfair right?! But then I gave it a deeper thought and realised the true purpose of this challenge was not to determine the real winner, but to give recognition to the amazing Singapore hawkers and to bring more awareness to the delicious Singapore hawker food! Also, if you give Ramsay 3 days and he can win one out of 3 challenges, what happens if you give him a longer period of time?!

Gordon Ramsay is a genius and I'm forever his fan girl. HEH. But, why no Masterchef USA episodes this week? URGH.


Here's a cute Studio Ghibli film summary. My train of thought in this post is everywhere but this summary is really cute!!


Kengyang and I decided to have our lunch at Ambush (JEM outlet) last Saturday, and I was really pleasantly surprised by the quality of food that was served!

I expected the food to be mediocre and not worth our money at all, but I was very much mistaken.

We ordered the Swedish meatballs and fries to share and they were good. I dare say the meatballs are better than those served at local IKEAs!


My crispy chicken aglio olio was amazing. The garlic oil concoction was so fragrant and flavourful!


Kengyang's Oktoberfest Platter - a platter fit for meat lovers. I really enjoyed eating the sauerkraut and the mashed potatoes together! The pork knuckle slices were so so but the sausages were delicious! Definitely worth the S$17-S$18 price tag.


With that, let's hope for a fruitful and smooth-sailing work week/ school week for us all! Have a good one my awesome readers!! :))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello fitrina! it would be nice if you can do a how to buy from taobao tutorial using 65 daigou! the whole process is abit too complicated to figure out! ): and also how do you search for stuff sold on blogshops on taobao. thanks!!

Fitrina Lim said...

Hi there! Thanks for reading my blog! :) Yep, that post will be coming soon! Hope it'll be informative and helpful enough when it's up!! :D