Sunday, July 14, 2013

Review: CANMAKE Cheek & Cheek Blusher in 05

Finally, I have reached the end of my CANMAKE reviews. The CANMAKE Cheek & Cheek Blusher in 05 is the last CANMAKE product that I bought from Japan and writing this post makes me a little little bit melancholic. Call me drama-mama, but if you know how much more CANMAKE products retail for in Singapore, you will understand my grief. I want to buy more, but I can't. :( 

GETTING BACK TO THIS REVIEW, the CANMAKE Cheek & Cheek Blusher in 05 retails for 680yen (before tax), ~S$7.50. I don't even know how much one costs in Singapore, but I'm pretty sure it's so much more. MEH. 

I chose 05 (Peach Petal) because I thought the soft coral and pastel peach colour will go so well together in creating that summer-appropriate cheeks! 

There are 4 other shades:
  1. 01 Candy Flower - girlish orange + soft pink
  2. 06 Antique Rose - sugar pink + coral pink
  3. 07 Orange Bouquet - faintly coral-tinged orange + hot orange
  4. 08 Love Trap Flower - blood orange + lovely pink
Do visit the website for more information: http://www.canmake.com/en/ebase/item_base030.html 




Packaging: I really really adore CANMAKE's product packaging. This blusher looks like a gem from far! It's so simple, but it shines gloriously!!

Claims - true or not?

  1. Apparently, this blusher can create the illusion of a smaller face. There are two ways in which you can achieve this illusion and they are clearly illustrated at the back of the packaging.
  2. This blusher has squalane, jojoba oil, hyaluronic acid and ectoine in its repertoire of ingredients to make your skin supple, healthy and moist. 
Personally, I can't be bothered to apply the CANMAKE Cheek & Cheek Blusher as instructed. Takes too much time! If anyone has tried the blusher as instructed, please tell me if it works or not! 

Regarding the many many beneficial ingredients, it doesn't hurt to have these ingredients right? Unless you are allergic to them! The CANMAKE Cheek & Cheek Blusher gives you healthy-looking cheeks and also moisturises - win-win situation! 






Brush: Wow. Simply WOW. It's a drugstore product with a stellar brush. It's not spiky at all and the synthetic brush feels unbelievably soft and smooth. Great work there, CANMAKE! I have been using this quite religiously for the past two weeks and I'm happy to announce that there has been no shedding. None. ZERO!


Formulation: I really appreciate the hint of shimmer. I hate it when blushers have TOO MUCH glitters/shimmers because they are really unforgiving on oily skin! Give it a couple of hours and you look like you have been dipped in oil. NOT GOOD. Hence, I prefer matte blushers or those that give a little bit of shine. The CANMAKE Cheek & Cheek Blusher is a perfect example of my ideal blusher and I really love it!

Pigmentation: It's not majorly pigmented, but to me, that's a good thing. Some blushers (*cough* Sleek cosmetics *cough*) are so pigmented that applying them gets me really nervous. I once had to remove my face makeup and start from scratch because I applied way too much blusher. Of course, you can say that that's because I'm not skillful enough, but come on, we all need user-friendly products and not one that only the pros can use! The CANMAKE Cheek & Cheek Blusher has beautiful, average pigmentation that ensures you have total control when applying. You want more, then apply more layers!

Application: Smooth and hassle-free application. It seems like the CANMAKE Cheek & Cheek Blusher can do no wrong!


Longevity: This blusher lasts a crazy long period of time. By crazy long, I mean over 12 hours. CUCKOO RIGHT?! I applied it before work at 8am, then checked it when I reached home at 930pm, AND THE COLOUR IS STILL ON MY CHEEKS. I don't get it, but I love it! The blusher actually withstands the horrifyingly humid (and hazy) weather!

Pardon the duck face, this was NOT my intended pose okay. HAHAHA. 
I really love the CANMAKE Cheek & Cheek Blusher and I wish I can get more! Who's going to Japan?? Please help me get more CANMAKE blushers!!! :D 

No comments: