Saturday, June 15, 2013

Review: Hada Labo BB Moist Emulsion with SPF 50 PA+++

Finally catching up on my reviews! I apologise for the lack of review posts this week. I just started a new job and I think the transition from being a student to a full-time employee is not treating me very well. Moreover, I just came back from a 3-week vacation. Hence, I was lethargic everyday and I didn't want to write a blog review that was half-hearted. So, I took my beauty sleep religiously and now here I am starting on my review posts again. HOORAH. :) 

One of my favourite beauty/skincare acquisition from Japan was the Hada Labo BB Moist Emulsion with SPF 50 PA+++. My skin does not adapt to different BB creams very well and sometimes I'm scared to try out new ones because my skin breaks out so easily after using new BB creams! I decided to be adventurous this time round and plunged. The only other BB cream that I use currently is my all-time favourite Holika Holika one (http://fitrina-inamorata.blogspot.sg/2013/04/review-holika-holika-aqua-petit-jelly.html). 

The packaging of Hada Labo BB Moist Emulsion with SPF 50 PA+++ already caught my attention! SPF50 PA+++?! YES PLEASE. As beautiful as she is, Singapore is relentless with her sunshine. SPF is a must in your daily skincare if you want your beautiful taut skin to last! I'm so scared of getting wrinkly skin now that I make sure I have enough SPF to last me throughout the day. 




Everything's in Japanese, so I'm also as clueless as you are. But, since some of the words are in Mandarin, I can understand some of its claims. I guess its SPF50 PA+++ is currently the strongest in the BB cream market?

Also, this BB cream is good for being a:

  • moisturiser
  • sunscreen
  • makeup base
  • I can't figure out what the last category is :( sorry. 
Only 2 shades are available for this, so naturally I had to choose the darker shade. That's the thing about Asian BB creams that I hate. Why can't they provide more variety in terms of colours? How can you categorise your target market into just 2 shades? I don't understand loh. 

But anyway, moving on ...




Product Packaging: Very simple and very easy to recognise. I especially like how the font size of "BB" is so huge. Actually this packaging reminds me of high-end Japanese products. Usually the more fancy the packaging is, the more drugstore it is? (Just from my observation, not generalising here) I like how the product packaging looks so laboratory-ish too! I feel like my skin can definitely benefit from this. Placebo effect? haha.


Before you use the product, be sure to shake it first!


Consistency: The Hada Labo BB Moist Emulsion with SPF 50 PA+++ is not as thick as a liquid foundation, and it's not as watery as a oil-less moisturizer. I like its consistency because I don't feel weighed down by the product and I don't feel like I'm applying nothing to my face. So in all, it's all well in the consistency department.

Coverage: I was really surprised at how the Hada Labo BB Moist Emulsion with SPF 50 PA+++ has such great pigmentation despite its light consistency. I expected it to not cover very well and to just be a plain old sunscreen but no, it actually covers my blemishes quite well! I don't really have acne breakouts now, but I still do have acne scars and a few spots here and there. After applying this BB cream, my scars are ALL concealed and my spots are less obvious. I am very very impressed.

For those with more severe acne problems, you still have to apply some concealer after using this. But trust me, the amount of concealer that you use will be significantly lesser.

ALSO, this BB cream covers dark eye circles VERY WELL. I didn't have to use any under-eye concealer after applying this and I don't look like I epitomise death. I actually look healthy and presentable! AWESOME STUFF.


Swatch taken with cloudy day settings

Swatch taken under camera flash



For the two photos above, I applied the Hada Labo BB Moist Emulsion with SPF 50 PA+++ and then some concealer on my stubborn spots and then fixed it all up with my trusted ZA 2-way Foundation. The thing about this BB cream is it's not sticky after you apply it on your skin. So, I think if you have dry to normal skin, it's alright for you to just go out with only the BB cream on your skin. For those with oily/combination skin, a light dusting of mattifying powder wouldn't hurt! :)

Longevity: This is the part that disappoints me the most. It is amazing during application and around 3 hours after application. After that, the BB cream just .... melts. I don't know if it's the terribly hot weather or what, but I felt like I just got out of an oil pool. :( I really was shocked when I checked my makeup in the mirror after around 3 hours. Even my cheeks looked oily and my cheeks are usually the driest part of my face! So my verdict is, I really like how the Hada Labo BB Moist Emulsion with SPF 50 PA+++ applies so in the future I will just bring my mattifying powder out and touch up every couple of hours.

Will I buy it again? I'm on the fence. I really like how the product delivers in terms of application and coverage but the way it melts after application really disturbs me. I will see how it goes!

Hope this has been helpful and have a great weekend guys! :)

1 comment:

Candhl said...

The fourth item translates as Foundation! Hahaha