Thursday, June 20, 2013

Review: CANMAKE Day & Night Lip Serum (Holy Grail)

Lipsticks and lip glosses are never my thing simply because I have super dry lips! The first application would look amazing, but after a couple of hours, the application would look like a terrible mess. I don't know how else I can rectify this problem of mine other than constantly looking for the best lip balm!

I think I may have found the best lip balm for my annoyingly dry lips! It's the CANMAKE Day & Night Lip Serum! It retails for 380yen (before tax) or around S$5, and it is available in Singapore. The problem is this costs a hefty S$15.90. 

DAYLIGHT ROBBERY LAH! 

But whatever, luckily I got it in Japan for one-third the price. =___= If you have friends going over to Japan, or if you are in Japan now, I suggest you get some of this because it is AMAZING for those with dry lips! 

The CANMAKE Day & Night Lip Serum is not only a lip balm, it's a gloss and a serum as well! 





Since everything is in Japanese, I visited the CANMAKE website (http://www.canmake.com/en/elip/item_lip020.html) and according to the page, the CANMAKE Day & Night Lip Serum:

  • is silicon-free
  • is packed with plant and food derived agents
  • is free from synthetic colourings
  • has a non-sticky texture
  • can result in plump, pillowy lips (WOWOWOW)
  • can be used as a lip mask after you're done removing your makeup at night (can also be worn to sleep! AW YEAH! Now I understand why they used a photo of a sleeping baby haha)



Packaging: A delicately-coloured packaging! I really like the pale pink shade which has a beautiful gold sheen when it catches the light! The CANMAKE Day & Night Lip Serum comes in a squeeze-tube packaging and personally I'm not a fan. If you directly apply the lip serum on your lips from the tube, there's a high chance you're going to apply too much. I normally squeeze a little bit of the product on my middle finger and then use my finger to apply the lip serum on my lip. Much easier to gauge the amount that you are going to use!


Colour: The lip serum looks really orange when squeezed out of the tube. However, when you apply it on your lips, the colour fades away, leaving you with natural-looking and healthy lips!

Texture: I was quite apprehensive when I first squeezed some CANMAKE Day & Night Lip Serum on my hand. It looked really really sticky and glistening. To be quite honest, the lip serum is quite sticky when you apply it. However, after ten minutes or so, the product will get absorbed by your lips and the stickiness will get more bearable. The impressive thing is when I walked out of the house, my hair didn't stick to my lips despite the crazy wind! AWESOME.

Swatch taken with camera flash

Swatch taken with camera flash
Application: I cannot deny that this lip serum will take some getting used to, especially the sensation that you get after your first application. I don't understand how the chemicals work, but your lips will feel this strange tingly sensation. So, don't apply too much at first!! I'm not sure why my lips felt this sensation because my lips definitely did not look plumper or fuller after a few days of usage (some plumping lip products do give your lips that weird tingling sensation!). After the first application, I didn't feel it anymore and all's well! No allergic reactions or anything (I feared for this!).

Does it work? Holy cow YES. The first time I used it was in the day, so I didn't really see huge difference; maybe my lips didn't crack as much, but that was it. Then, I realised I could use it at night as a sleeping lip mask! So I tried and OHMYGOSH when I woke up the next morning, my lips didn't feel sticky but my lips were SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SMOOTH!! CANMAKE is not joking with the claim "pillowy lips" because my lips definitely felt pillowy after that mask session!

I thought it was going to be a temporary thing, but no, my lips felt awesome THE ENTIRE DAY. Simply amazing.

Will I buy it again? HECK YEAH. I'm gonna recommend this to everyone I know because it simply is an amazing product that delivers whatever it promises. I hope someone I know goes to Japan soon because I need to stock up on this amazing CANMAKE Day & Night Lip Serum! CANMAKE Singapore, why you give this product such a crazy pricetag (relative to Japan's pricing)? :(

1 comment:

Ai said...

Cool i use this too! Didnt know it costs so much in singapore. However, I find it not "strong" enough for outdoor coldness/dryness in autumn and winter!