Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Batam 2D1N trip - A&W, amazing Harmoni One Hotel and more!

Last weekend, I finally got to enjoy my recess week by going on a 2 day 1 night Batam vacation. Batam is only 45 minutes away, but it definitely made me feel so very much at home. I think kengyang was a little bit shocked at how fluent I was at Bahasa Indonesia when needed. What he didn't know was that before I fired whatever I wanted to say, I had a little panic attack inside of me because I was scared of not being able to converse properly. Hence, in my head, I kept rehearsing what I was going to say. 

I'm quite a booboo when it comes to conversing in Bahasa Indonesia. 15 years in Singapore and what is left of me is just basic Bahasia Indonesia. Fortunately, I still have my accent, so yes people in Batam treated me differently once I spoke in my native language. By differently, I mean not charging me "tourist prices" or giving me more when I ordered food. HAHA. :D 

Anyway, this post is all about the amazing hotel that we lived in! It's Harmoni One Hotel (ya, Harmoni is indonesian for harmony) and it is beyond gorgeous. The hotel was HUGE. 



The breakfast buffet that was included in the package was also very good. They served waffles and the waffles were GOOD.


Going to Batam means feasting on A&W. It's just like what the tour guide said - when you have it, you don't treasure it, but when you lose it, you keep searching for it. That is an accurate phrase to use for Singapore and A&W. I remembered going to A&W at Ten Mile Junction when I was...maybe 10 and then it disappeared. My heart really broke because I loved their waffles and curly fries!

For me, A&W's fried chicken is so much better than KFC's, but of course, that's just me. Batam residents are also not very fond of A&W and the tour guide informed us that there were only 2 A&Ws left in Batam because they couldn't take the competition (KFC lah).

SO HURRY AND FEAST BEFORE IT'S GONE. AGAIN.





Our package also included a buffet lunch and looking at all the Singaporeans around me, I couldn't help but chuckle a little. It's quite obvious they were not used to the food. I enjoyed it immensely though. YUM! Gado gado was especially good! Kengyang couldn't get used to the strong lemongrass flavour.


Our last meal was a simple, but delicious, Nasi Goreng Spesial. Everything about it was magical. :')


The package was around S$80 per person, but we topped up another S$12 for a better massage session.

Overall, it was a good deal and I enjoyed myself thoroughly. Even though Batam was so near to Singapore, I felt like I went back to my roots. :')

1 comment:

Makan Angin said...

Hi, feels like pulang kampung..

Those pics remind me when I was in Batam doing my internship 2 years ago.

What a lovely place to have Dim Sum in this hotel..

"Leave nothing but footprints. Take nothing but pictures. Kill nothing but time"

http://makanangin-travel.blogspot.com/