Saturday, January 26, 2013

Review: Etude House Line Nuance Duo in 02

I'm always amazed at how cheaply some Korean cosmetics are on Qoo10, and being a cosmetics hoarder, I tend to just give in to temptations and click "Confirm Purchase". 

The Etude House Line Nuance Duo in 02 is another cheap find on Qoo10. I think it was around S$8 when I purchased it. Quite sure it retails for much much more in stores. If you are interested, do visit this link to buy: http://list.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=408453629 

I bought it in shade 02 - baby peach eyeshadow with mocha eyeliner. 

Yep, it's a double-ended pencil - eyeshadow on one end and eyeliner on the other. Quite convenient if you hate carrying around heavy makeup bags. 









Packaging: I think it's just me and my bias towards sleekly designed cosmetics. No need for colourful, over-the-top packaging; just simple black packaging will do. Hence, the Etude House Line Nuance Duo scores high marks in the packaging department! I also especially liked how the eyeshadow end is transparent so that the user can see what colour eyeshadow it is!

Eyeshadow end
Eyeshadow end:

Colour and pigmentation: A very subtle light coral colour with some degree of shimmer. It's great for everyday wear (if you have normally dry eyelids, I will talk about this in a while), however pigmentation's average. You can try building up the colour through multiple applications, but I don't think you can get much out of the product. 

Application and longevity: Applies rather smoothly and with no difficulty. However, this product is a nightmare for users with oily lids like me. After a mere 2 hours or so, the eyeshadow starts to crease and you can see the unsightly crease lines on my eyelids. Not glam AT ALL. It's such a pretty colour though. I will suggest applying this as a base, and then dusting some similarly-coloured eyeshadow over it. Not like it will help much, but at least we tried, huh? 

Eyeliner end

Eyeliner end:

Colour and pigmentation: It's a mix between taupe and dark brown, with a slight hint of shimmer. Pigmentation is below average for me because I prefer a dark eyeliner look. It's good for users who prefer an all-natural look though.

Application and longevity: The first application was a nightmare because the lead was so hard! Thank God I swatched it on my hand before I used it on my eyelid. After the first swatch, the eyeliner was much more "workable". The eyeliner is different from the eyeshadow in that it's more suitable for those with oily lids. It didn't smudge or crease, so it's an average eyeliner overall.

Swatches taken with camera flash
Will I buy it again? Sadly nope. Even though the eyeshadow colour is pretty and the when combined, you can achieve a fuss-free, all-natural look, the Etude House Line Nuance Duo does not perform well after a couple of hours.

No comments: